Complaint Review: Moneygram International

• Submitted: Tue, November 23, 2010
  • Updated: Tue, November 23, 2010

• Reported By: Cek — Danville Virginia U.S.A.
Moneygram International
PO Box 610 Minneapolis, Minnesota United States of America

Moneygram International Refused to stop stolen Money orders totaling $1300.Told me to file a police report and when they are cashed get police to collect the money Minneapolis, Minnesota

On Nov 23,2010 I purchased 2 personal money orders at Net Spend in Greensboro,NC for $660.00 each to pay a bill. The orders were made out to the party concerned. I stopped at gas station and left car open and envelope diappeared containing the money orders.

I contacted Netspend and was told to contact Moneygram and call Netspend back.I called Moneygram and was informed they "couldnt by law stop" the money orders.I could file a request for a refund and wait 30-65 days.If someone was able to cash the checks then I was told I could contact the police to get my money back (RIGGHT!)

According to Banking Online.Com personal money orders can be stopped.So Moneygram gets my money-lets anybody cash the check and leaves it up to the police to collect illegally gotten gains they could have prevented adding to taxpayer exspemnse and the personal misery of the purchaser waiting to find out their fate..

Or better yet Moneygram gets to keep my $1300 for 1-2 months and pocket the interest/profit while waiting for the thieves to take my cash.What a ripoff

Dont ever buy Moneygram moneyorders-they are a rip off.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/23/2010 05:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Moneygram-International/Minneapolis-Minnesota-55480-0610/Moneygram-International-Refused-to-stop-stolen-Money-orders-totaling-1300Told-me-to-file-665016. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Moneygram International