Complaint Review: Moneymentorcenter.com

• Updated: Mon, November 12, 2007

• Reported By:Burlington New Jersey
Moneymentorcenter.com
http://www.moneymentorcenter.com Nationwide U.S.A.

Moneymentorcenter.com Told I have to pay to cancel membership Salt Lake City UTAH

Today I called moneymentorcenter to cancel my membership as I have had financial and family difficulties in the past few months.
To my surprise I have been told that in order to cancel this account I would have to pay a $180.00 early cancellation fee that was explained to me when I signed up and that the conversation was taped and and they can pull that up and send it to me to prove it.
I said to them to please send that ASAP as I want to get this straight ASAP as this was never told to me when I signed up.I was able to put the account on hold for 4 months for family health issues and now they want to start billing me again in december for which I am trying to cancel the account but can't do that as they say I would owe the $180.00 early term. fee.
I have never heard of such a thing as far as this goes,they already got the $250.00 up front and I can accept losing that but not to be billed another $180 to cancel the account.Rest assured that I will contact my bank and put a stop to them trying to access my account again. How do these people get away with these kinds of things?

Charles
Burlington, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/12/2007 04:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Moneymentorcentercom/nationwide/Moneymentorcentercom-Told-I-have-to-pay-to-cancel-membership-Salt-Lake-City-UTAH-284443. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Moneymentorcenter.com