Complaint Review: Monica Hill

Monica Hill
  • Phone: 469-999-7880
  • Web:
  • Category: Caterers

Monica Hill Delightfully Yours Catering, L.L.C. Fraud, Theft, Fake Caterer, SCAM, Internet

*Author of original report: I WAS WRIGHT THE FIRST TIME!

*Author of original report: RETRACTION

I found Monica Hill on craigslist as a budget caterer for my upcoming wedding. We started corresponding by phone and email (mostly email) towards the end of 2011. She sent me her menu and pictures of her prepared food. She was absolutely amazing to talk to.

We agreed on a price of $1200 to feed 150 people at my wedding. She scheduled a time for me to taste the prepared food in a public kitchen in Garland, called Hour Kitchen. I selected 6 appetizers and made the down payment into her bank account of $600. Yeah, I know - how stupid of me!

The day I made the deposit, I called Monica and told her I was feeling uneasy about depositing money in her account before signing anything. Like I said, she's a good talker. She made me feel much better by telling me her company is LLC, not DBA. She's been in business for a long time. She told me she is registered with the Texas State Comptroller, and that her home address was listed as her business address. With this reassurance, I made the deposit into her BB&T bank account. One last reassurance is that the teller at BB&T confirmed the account was a business account.

What else is there to say? That was a week ago & I never heard back from Monica Hill. I have sent her several emails. I have also called and left messages, as well as sent text messages. I contacted Hour Kitchen in Garland, where we were supposed to meet, and they have never heard of Monica Hill or Delightfully Yours Catering. I'm out $600. My wedding is in 3 months and I have no caterer.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/26/2012 04:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Monica-Hill/internet/Monica-Hill-Delightfully-Yours-Catering-LLC-Fraud-Theft-Fake-Caterer-SCAM-Internet-844999. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Monica Hill

I WAS WRIGHT THE FIRST TIME!

AUTHOR: angry_bride - (United States of America)

I wish I could delete my retraction. Monica Hill is the most unprofessional service provider I have ever dealt with. After being unable to keep out THIRD appointment for a tasting, I fired her and asked for a refund of the $600 deposit I paid. Ms. Hill absolutely refused to issue a refund at all. I contacted Brett Shipp with ABC and tried to get him to do a story on her fraudulent practices, but we were unsuccessful.

She told Brett Shipp that she did not perform any service for me and would not refund any of my money. She told me she forwarded all our email and text message communications to her attorney. I am currently looking in to  how to take her to small claims court to try to get some of my money back. I filed a complaint against her company with BBB Dallas. She failed to respond to the complaint, so she now has an F rating with the BBB.

Stay as far away from her as possible. She only wants to take your money and run. She tried to say I was firing her because I couldn't afford to pay my balance. That was very much not the case. Instead of paying her a total of $1200 for hour'derves, I paid $1500 for the most amazing Mexican food I've ever tasted. She's unprofessional and has a completely ghetto attitude. When I take her to small claims court, I won't be surprised at all if she shows up with this attorney she mentioned. STAY AWAY FROM DELIGHTFULLY YOURS CATERING OR YOU WILL BE RIPPED OFF!!!!!!

RETRACTION

AUTHOR: angry_bride - (United States of America)

I am the author of this report and have a retraction to make. Monica has since contacted me and explained the extenuating circumstances in my situation. She had valid reasons for not getting back in touch with me. I asked the editor of this site NOT to post my complaint. I never heard back from the editor. I have not been the victim of fraud or theft as I originally believed when I posted the complaint. I feel HORRIBLE that I may be giving her bad publicity. Please do not make a decision about her business based on the filed complaint.