Complaint Review: Monique Michelle Matthews

• Updated: Wed, June 20, 2012

• Reported By: Will — Long Beach California United States of America
Monique Michelle Matthews
2003 8th St Arcadia, California United States of America

Monique Michelle Matthews Elite Board Shop, animal abuse, puppy mill, bad breeder, parvo Arcadia, California

*Consumer Comment: Monique Matthews

*Consumer Comment: i was ripped off by Monique Matthews also

*Consumer Comment: Mona Matthews

*Consumer Comment: You need to get your facts straight DR / VET

*Consumer Comment: The TRUTH from a happy customer

*Consumer Comment: Monique you should be ashamed

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: illegal issues

I am a victim of this woman and I have thousands of dollars of debt in Vet bills for my loved Charlie a purebred boston terrier who most definitely is not. 1. We almost lost him in his first month.

We bought Charlie from Michelle at her home in Arcadia.  She had many other dogs running around, and the place smelled like dog, though the home was beautiful.  Michelle was a pretty blond woman who seemed very trustworthy.  We picked out Charlie from 2 boston terrier pups, and paid $950 for him.  He is the a beautiful dog, but as he grew larger and meatier, we knew he was not full boston terrier.

When we purchased him, he had a deformed front right leg.  Our vet recommended to take the dog back, but we were already way to attached to him.  When we contacted Michelle, we were offered a small refund for the pup (about $300), as she claimed she could just resell him to somebody else after having the leg fixed from her vet friends. [continued below]....

.....  After much arguing, we settled, because she didn't want to work with us and care if we gave the dog back and she refunded my card $300.  It was saddening that she didn't care one bit of the attachment we had grown to Charlie - it was all dollars and cents to her, and we could tell.

A month later, Charlie got extremely sick, to the point where he looked to be dying on our couch at 10 p.m. at night.  He wouldn't move, stared with lifeless eyes to nowhere.  He wouldn't make eye contact, he was completely abnormal.  With tears in our eyes, we brought him to an emergency vet, where he was quickly diagnosed with parvo virus.

The doctors told us he had very little chance of living, but she said she could "see in his eyes that he wanted to live".  This doctor saved his life, because without guaranteeing me survival, she somehow felt confident he could pull through despite his chances.  We left him there over night for about $1000 in the ICU and then transfered him to our local vet to try and save money.

There, they found out Charlie didn't just have Parvo, but he also had Giardia and Coccidia.  Thousands of dollars later, this miracle dog somehow made it through and we brought him home.

While he was at the vet, we had them do a wisdom panel. We have found him as 50% Boston, 25% Staffordshire Bull Terrier, and 25% bulldog.

He is now one year old, and he has grown completely abnormally. Charlie has severe hip dysplasia and we are most likely going to be looking at a $15,000 hip replacement for him to have any quality of life in the future, or put him in a dog wheelchair. His front leg ended up growing up healthy, but his hips are in horrible shape.

As much as I love Charlie, and as amazing of a soul and heart as he has, it pains me to wonder "what's next" with him.  I will never be confident in his health, and will always have that "what's next" mentality with him.  I have taken out pet insurance to help ease the pain.

I am trying to band together with other victims of this evil woman.  She does not care about life, or her victims.  She is selling sad, sick animals to excited new pet parents, and she can sleep at night doing it.

We need to put a stop to this - please come together with me!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/04/2009 07:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Monique-Michelle-Matthews/Arcadia-California-91006/Monique-Michelle-Matthews-Elite-Board-Shop-animal-abuse-puppy-mill-bad-breeder-parvo-534121. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Monique Michelle Matthews

Monique Matthews

AUTHOR: mkhughes29 - (United States of America)

Do not buy a dog from this woman.  They are ALL sick.  She does not breed them. She gets them from puppy mills and does not treat them properly.

She goes by many aliases but is currently using the numbers 626-524-4056 or 626-241-6789.  If you bought a dog from her, immediately take your dog to the vet. Also call Det. Dennis Miller in the LA County DA's office:

Det. Dennis Miller
[email protected]
213-580-8776

Also call Norco Animal Control.
Speak to Charles or Terri.
951-737-8972

i was ripped off by Monique Matthews also

AUTHOR: mkhughes29 - (United States of America)

I purchased a puppy from Monique Matthews (that is her real name) a few days ago.  My puppy is very sick and in the hospital.  I am building a case against her.  Please email me at (((ROR redacted)))

Mona Matthews

AUTHOR: Barkley - (United States of America)

Mona sold me a puppy that has various health problems.  I would love to resolve this issue with her since the puppy was just purchased 3 months ago.  The puppy had a 1 year health guarantee.  Since some people are able to contact Mona and know her as an animal lover and a good business woman,  I would love to have her contact me to discuss this health warranty.  The puppy needs surgery and it would be a great business practice if Mona would either pay for the medical bills or refund my money.  If Jessica is Mona - you know how to reach me...I have been e-mailing you every day.  Please contact me.

You need to get your facts straight DR / VET

AUTHOR: Lacey01 - (U.S.A.)

You really need to look into this.  I have done intense research on Michelle and her family and would really love to talk to you over the phone.  My phone number is listed on one of the complaints.  There is a full police investigation with over 20 complaints filed, numerous lawsuits, Michelle's family with animal cruelty convictions, Michelle stealing the idenity of reputable breeders across the US and an open investigation against her with the ACA.  Should I go on??? Talk to some of these people who had to rush their dog into an animal hospital in the middle of the night, some with bad skin issues like mine.  Talk to some of these people whom Michelle stole money from!  Myself included.  Talk to the people who have DNA papers listing a different breed than what they were sold, like myself!!!             Please doctor call me!!!

The TRUTH from a happy customer

AUTHOR: vet - (United States of America)

For every unhappy person there are many happy people...I am one of them I happen to be a vet and purchased a puppy from monique. I have read your reasons for bashing monique and i would like to prove your facts to be fiction... As a vet or any animal care professional its obvious that the parvo virus would have surfaced in the first 7 days not a month later. The best explanation for the infection was when you had the puppy in the vet or if you took your puppy out before all the shots have been administered. As far as size goes, boston Terriers come in 3 different sizes. Judging from your picture with your comment it is obvious that your dog is pure and it is the large variety boston terrier. I also believe that if a breeder didn't care about helping he or she would not have addressed the situation or offer to give compensation. A deformed limb is not a common occurrence but does not affect a dogs ability to walk. English Bulldogs, for instance, have extremely deformed front limbs. This does not affect their mobility or disable them in anyway. We love our little baby girl boston we got and know that our puppy came from a great breeder. Monique is an animal lover and would do anything for a furry friend. Unfortunately, it sounds like no matter what you wouldn't be happy and with an attitude like that no wonder why you bash people...

Monique you should be ashamed

AUTHOR: doglover - (United States of America)

Monique, alias Jessica

I don't know how you could read this heart felt story and make a lame reply like that!

Like someone would waste their time stealing your identity.  Your WHACKED!

#7 REBUTTAL Individual responds

illegal issues

AUTHOR: jessca - (United States of America)

You have stolen my identity and if this is not removed immediately I will seek legal action. You have also stolen someones address in any case not legal either Both issues must be removed or i will seek legal action immediately......