Complaint Review: Monitronics International

• Submitted: Tue, June 17, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, June 17, 2008

• Reported By:Des Moines Iowa
Monitronics International
12801 N. Stemmons Freeway, Suite 821 Dallas TX 75234-5879 Dallas, Texas U.S.A.

Monitronics International Ripoff to cancel service Dallas Texas

On July 23, 2005, I entered into a 3 year agreement with Monitronics for their service. In 2006, while on vacation, my alarm was accidentally set off by my neighbor and I was called. I told Monitronics that it was ok and not to call the police. After being told NOT to call, they did anyway and I was charged by the Des Moines police dept a fine of $50.00 for a false alarm. Later in the year, my alarm was accidentally set off and I was called by Monitronics. Again, I told them not to call the police, but they did not listen and called them anyway. This time I was charged $75.00 for a second false alarm called in by Monitronics. I called and complained and told customer service that they owed me $125.00 for false alarms and was told that they were not responsible for those charges, even though it was their fault.

Fast forward to 2008, My contract is up July 23, 2008 and as this is always paid in advance, I sent a letter to Monitronics along with a check for the June 23 - July 23 service and told them not to contact me again. This was done at the end of May 2008 so there was plenty of cancellation time. I received my check back and was told that instead of $48.00, I owed Monitronics $91.53 to cancel my account. They are charging me an extra months fees for canceling.

This is absolutely the worst company I have ever dealt with and am forwarding on to my attorney. DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT do business with this company..

Des Moines, Iowa

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/17/2008 05:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Monitronics-International/Dallas-Texas-75234-5879/Monitronics-International-Ripoff-to-cancel-service-Dallas-Texas-341288. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Monitronics International