Complaint Review: Monitronics International

• Submitted: Fri, July 04, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, July 04, 2008

• Reported By:Murrieta California
Monitronics International
12801 Stemmons Frwy #821 Dallas, Texas U.S.A.

Monitronics International Refused to let me cancel and keeps sending bills Dallas Texas

I called to change name from my ex husband's to mine long ago and was told that I was on the account and he would be taken off. Bills still came in his name and after multiple calls to get that changed I was told that I have the account and it was just a default.

In May the contract was FINALLY up and I called to cancel. They told me they need a letter to cancel with my signature. I even clarified that it was my signature they needed and he told me yes the account is under my name and all he needs is the letter. I was told that I would only have to pay for a half a month and it would be done.

I sent in the letter and then received a bill for a full month. I called and she said that I had to pay for a full month after the letter plus the half a month he earlier said I had to pay. I told her that that is not right...blah...blah...blah and ended up paying for the whole and half month all at once to be done with them. She told me it was finished and I would never see a bill again.

I received another bill and when I called today they said the account was not canceled because it did not have my ex husband's signature. I told them that the account is canceled and they will not get another penny out of me. He told me that was OK because it is in his name and it would not ruin my credit if I didn't pay, just my ex husband's. I told him I would not do that to him and he told me that is the only way. He then told me that if he signed a cancellation letter and sent it in that it would be cancelled. I then asked how do I know that it will? They would just end up saying that I had to pay for at least another month and a half after he sent in the letter and then what? They would probably come up with some other reason it could not be cancelled.

All in all, I have been paying for their services and not receiving them. I have been moved into the new house for a month. There is no alarm service here. I refuse to let them keep squeezing me.

Karin
Murrieta, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/04/2008 10:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Monitronics-International/Dallas-Texas-75234/Monitronics-International-Refused-to-let-me-cancel-and-keeps-sending-bills-Dallas-Texas-347499. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Monitronics International