Complaint Review: Monitronics

• Submitted: Fri, October 20, 2006
  • Updated: Fri, October 20, 2006

• Reported By:Rancho Santa Margarita California
Monitronics
34 Peachtree St Smyrna, Georgia U.S.A.

Monitronics fraudulent billing - continued to charge after cancellation of contract Ripoff Smyrna Georgia

I moved from my home in Portland, OR in Nov 2002. I informed Monitronics by phone & mail at that time in Nov 2002 to discontinue service. They indicated that according to the contract, I was obligated to pay through the end of the contract year (which should have been April 2003). However, they continued to charge me for an entire year afterwards through April 2004 for a total of $307.24

Monitronics later told me they never received my letter and that unless I transferred the service to another location or referred someone else to take over the payments that I would continue to be charged. During this time they had discontinued service for lack of payment. I should also not be charged for service that could not even have been utilized!

My account has since gone to 2 collection agencies (CMI and Collection Company of America). This has affected my credit score (where otherwise I had very good credit).

Tonia
Rancho Santa Margarita, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/20/2006 09:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Monitronics/Smyrna-Georgia-30080/Monitronics-fraudulent-billing-continued-to-charge-after-cancellation-of-contract-Ripoff-216784. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Monitronics