Complaint Review: Monitronics

• Submitted: Wed, July 16, 2014
  • Updated: Wed, July 16, 2014

• Reported By: Eileen — Concord California
Internet USA

Monitronics System Failure Monitronics keeps collecting monthly fees and does nothing Dallas Texas

I agreed to a 3 year security alarm system with Monitornics. the first 3 years were uneventful, no problems. My pet-immune motion sensor worked perfectly.

3 months after I renewed for another 2 years, the motion sensor failed, resulting in a false alarm.My pets were activating it. Monitronics was aware of the problem but failed to repair or replace the defective motion sensor.

Employees told me to cover the sensor with duck tape. Now my interior home was NOT protected. Monitronics repeatedly refused to lower my monthly bill or fix the system.

I finally switched to a decent alarm company, but still had to pay Monitronics. It cost me $169.95 to  get away from Monitronics. They do not care about their customers. It's all about money.
I won't ever recommend Monitronics to anyone. When I see their sign in front of neighbor's homes, I tell the owners what happened to me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/16/2014 01:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Monitronics/internet/Monitronics-System-Failure-Monitronics-keeps-collecting-monthly-fees-and-does-nothing-Dal-1162596. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Monitronics