Complaint Review: MonitronicsInternation

• Submitted: Mon, September 18, 2006
  • Updated: Mon, September 18, 2006

• Reported By:Bear Delaware
MonitronicsInternation
12801 Stemmons Frwy. Dallas, Texas U.S.A.

Monitronics International, ripoff! SCAM Will not let you cancel services claims signatures do not match Dallas Texas

This company is a total ripoff! I was conned into a free alarm system (for a house I do not own) by Firstline Security. They then sold my contract to Monitronics.

I moved and tried to get the new owners to take over the service. I have been paying for over a year that I have not lived in this house. I sent my first notice of cancellation 11/2005. They recieved it unsigned and I immediately sent out another, signed. Six months later they claim they never received it and so I sent and faxed another letter. I was sent two letter stating that it was not my signature.

WOW! How could they determine if it was my signature or not? I highly doubt that they employ a forensic document analyst. Today on the phone a man claims to be looking a scanned copies of my letter and how different my signatures look. I have taken a course in forensic document analysis... it is not based on if the look the same, but the stroke techniques, etc...

I have filed a report with the BBB of Dallas and I also faxed three copies of a new letter to their various fax numbers.

Monitronics = SCAM, SCAM, SCAM! They are ripping me off for $40/month. I am just a poor college student trying to finish up my degree.

Check out their BBB report: UNSATISFACTORY.

Jenna
Bear, Delaware

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/18/2006 11:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MonitronicsInternation/Dallas-Texas-75381/Monitronics-International-ripoff-SCAM-Will-not-let-you-cancel-services-claims-signatures-211559. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MonitronicsInternation