Complaint Review: Monmouth Auto Body

• Updated: Sun, January 06, 2013

• Reported By: Not Happy — Ocean Grove New Jersey United States of America
Monmouth Auto Body
181 South Main Street Neptune City, New Jersey United States of America

Monmouth Auto Body Took my tire, and who knows what else... Neptune City, New Jersey

I brought my car into this shop for repairs of damages from a recent storm, I met the insurance adjuster there to get the estimate and decided to leave it there because I was assured I would get a better price and service than the shop I intended to use. I was told that my car would take 10 days to be repaired and it ended up taking 20+ days, more than twice the time they quoted. Now I finally have my car back and I see that one of my new tires was switched out for a used and completely bald tire. It was also a different brand of tire than what I have on my car. I bought my car last year from a dealership and it had 4 brand new tires on it (all the same), and I haven't had to change any yet so I am absolutely certain this shop took my tire. I now have 3 tires in almost new condition and one tire with no tread whatsoever, if that was really my tire it would not have worn down so badly while the others all stayed in great shape. I would also NEVER put a used tire on my car if it needed to be changed. I'm very upset that parts were taken from my car, I'm afraid there were other new parts switched out for used ones that I don't even know about yet.

This is a terrible thing to do to a person, I waited a very long time to get my car back and it should have been returned to me in the proper condition.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/06/2013 03:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Monmouth-Auto-Body/Neptune-City-New-Jersey-07753/Monmouth-Auto-Body-Took-my-tire-and-who-knows-what-else-Neptune-City-New-Jersey-992339. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Monmouth Auto Body