Complaint Review: Monotronics

• Updated: Wed, August 10, 2011

• Reported By: miss lead — columbia South Carolina United States of America
Monotronics
4574 B Sunset Blvd columbia, South Carolina United States of America

Monotronics Palmetto Alarm LLC Home Security System steal you blind columbia, South Carolina

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Seperate Companies

I had 7 months left on my Monotronics contract when my home was foreclosed on and i had to move out. I had stayed current on all my security payments . I called the company and explained to them i was moving in with friends and didnt need the service any more. She became very ugly, demanding, and insisted i either pay the entire amount or find someone who will.With all the other problems i am going through, now they call me constantly and harass me about paying up. No matter how many times i block the calls, they either unblock it or go to another one of their numbers. They call numerous times a day on my cell phone and if i accidentally answer, they are rude, beligerant, haughty, bullying and very annoying.

I do not understand why they go to such lenghts to hurt people who are already hurting.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/10/2011 05:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Monotronics/columbia-South-Carolina-/Monotronics-Palmetto-Alarm-LLC-Home-Security-System-steal-you-blind-columbia-South-Caroli-763470. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Monotronics

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Seperate Companies

AUTHOR: Palmetto Alarm Customer Care - ()

We here at Palmetto Alarm, LLC are sorry to hear about your hardship. We wish to make everyone aware that Palmetto Alarm, LLC was just the installing dealer for Monitronics and has no ownership in the contract in question or the consumer's account. Once we install the equipment, Monitronics owns the account and the contract. They handle the billing and collections for past due accounts as well.

While we here at Palmetto Alarm are always available if you need service on your equipment, we don't handle any of the financial aspects of your account. As a matter of fact, we would not even know if you were delinquent on payments or not, as Monitronics does not share that information with us.

We again do wish to apologize for any problems or hardship this may have caused you.