Complaint Review: Monro (Mr. Tire) Annapolis

• Submitted: Thu, November 11, 2010
  • Updated: Thu, November 11, 2010

• Reported By: Annapolis Customer — Severna Park Maryland United States of America
Monro (Mr. Tire) Annapolis
141 Defense Highway Annapolis, Maryland United States of America

Monro (Mr. Tire) Annapolis Broke my Car Key?Remote and Denied it! Annapolis, Maryland

The repair tech totally cracked the housing of my key/remote control and hid the damage by pulling my car up and leaving it running for me.  He acted like he was being so nice by telling me from the bay' "go ahead and pay now, your car will be ready soon"  I paid and he pulled my car around and got out and said "I left it running for you!".  That seemed so nice at the time.  Then I got home and turned my car off and realized the housing to my key/remote was completely cracked and broken.  I immediately called the Manager at Annapolis Mr Tire and he said "I used to work at Lexus and those keys always break.  The key is the problem, not my responsibility!"  I gave him a perfectly good key when I dropped my car off, and now it was trashed.  A new key costs $160.00, so I filed a claim with the corporate office of Monro.  They took 3 weeks to finally deny my claim, stating that the car was so old that they would not cover the damage - for the key!  They are crooks and theives, and their local shop employees tried to cover up obvious damage.  They are not to be trusted!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/11/2010 12:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Monro-Mr-Tire-Annapolis/Annapolis-Maryland-21401/Monro-Mr-Tire-Annapolis-Broke-my-Car-KeyRemote-and-Denied-it-Annapolis-Maryland-660844. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Monro (Mr. Tire) Annapolis