Complaint Review: Monro Muffler Ashtabula,Oh

• Updated: Sat, August 02, 2014

• Reported By: James Sutley — Ashtabula Ohio
Monro Muffler Ashtabula,Oh
1058 W.Prospect Ashtabula, Ohio USA

Monro Muffler Ashtabula,Oh Charles Hauff, Manager Damaged my vehicle and lied to insurance Co. and made fraudulent papers. Ashtabula Ohio

On June 2nd, 2014 I took my truck to Monro Muffler for an oil change.  When I left the shop I went straight to a gas station to put gas in the truck and while I was pumping gas I noticed that my front fender was sticking out 2-3 ins. from where it should be.  Upon further investigation I notiiced that there were 4 spots where the rocker panels had been smashed and I realized that it had been done by the mechanic at Monro Muffler lifting the vehicle by the fockers instead of the frame.

I immediately took the truck back to Monro Muffler and showed it to Charles Hauff the Manager.  He said they would fix it right away.  So we took the truck inside and put it on the lift right away ahd then discovered that the damage was way too extensive to fix right away.  I told Mr.Hauff that they would have to take care of the situation.  At this point he told me that the mechanic had made note of the damage previous to working on my truck which was impossible because the damage was not there previously and was obviously done by there lift in 4 spots.  He down right lied.  So at this point I freaked out on him and he said he'd have his insurance co. sort it out.  The insurance co. came a couple of days later and his opinion was that the damage was obviously done at Monro and his estimate was $2,400.00.  So, I thought I was in good shape but a week later their insurance co. called and said the claim was denied because Charles Hauff said there was previous damage noted.  Which is as stated a scumbag lie.  And obviously the note was made after the fact not before.  So I had to get my own insurance co. to fix the truck which included a $500.00 deductible and $350.00 for vehicle rental.

I have filed a suite in small claims court which will be heard on Sept. 4th,2014.  Everyone I talk to in this town either has a personal or a friend that has had bad, bad business with Charles Hauff.  I don't understand how Monro Muffler Corp. could possibly still have this guy employed.  I really think he should be fired or maybe dying would be more appropriate.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/02/2014 02:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Monro-Muffler-AshtabulaOh/Ashtabula-Ohio-44004/Monro-Muffler-AshtabulaOh-Charles-Hauff-Manager-Damaged-my-vehicle-and-lied-to-insuranc-1166938. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Monro Muffler Ashtabula,Oh