origin

• Submitted: Thu, July 17, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, July 17, 2008

• Reported By:East Syracuse New York
Monro Muffler Brake And Service
3711 Erie Blvd. E. Dewitt, New York U.S.A.

Monro Muffler Brake And Service Used incompatible antifreeze in 2003 Honda Accord Dewitt New York

I took my 2003 Honda Accord to Monro for an oil change on 2/19/08. The Manager recommended a coolant flush. I agreed to have it done based on his recommendation. I have been a loyal customer since 1991 so I believed what the manager recommended. That evening I was driving with my husband and 2 1/2 yr. old son and we had NO heat. I called the Honda dealer and they told me to bring it in the next day. They determined that someone had put in non Honda antifreeze in my car resulting in jelling. The Honda dealer had to replace the heater core.

When I contacted Monro they insisted that the antifreeze they use is compatible with my car. I filed a claim with Monro's insurance company, Travelers. A representative came to my house on 3/1/08 to take a sample of the old antifreeze to send to their lab. The rep. did not have a sterile container. He placed the sample in an aspirin bottle. The sample was a mixture of the "real" Honda antifreeze and some of the Monro antifreeze. It took 4 months to tell me that Monro was not at fault, based on insufficient evidence.
I have also filed a complaint with the NY state Insurance Department.

I will never return to Monro. They have lost one loyal customer!

Beverly
East Syracuse, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/17/2008 01:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Monro-Muffler-Brake-And-Service/Dewitt-New-York-13214/Monro-Muffler-Brake-And-Service-Used-incompatible-antifreeze-in-2003-Honda-Accord-Dewitt-N-352430. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Monro Muffler Brake And Service