Complaint Review: Monro Muffler - Brake & Servuce

• Updated: Sat, November 21, 2009

• Reported By: nipsy — Ohio United States of America
Monro Muffler - Brake & Servuce
1575 Mentor Ave Painesville, Ohio United States of America

Monro Muffler - Brake & Service Manager tried to sell me False Repairs Painesville, Ohio

I took my car in for an oil change on 11/21/09 on a used car I recently purchased. I also asked the manager to check the heater as my heat was not working in my car. He came back 15 minutes later and informed me I had a badly leaking water pump, an oil leak on the valve gasket cover, and my thermostat needed replacing.

A total estimate of repairs and labor of $479.97. I became very upset as I am moving cross country in less than two weeks, a fact the manager knew. I informed them I had to come up with the money and would be back.

I then took the car to another mechanic who informed me all the statements done by Monro were FALSE. My water pump not only had no leaks, but had no fluids in it, a fact I was not informed of. My oil is NOT leaking, there was a spot of oil on my manifold. And my thermostat is NOT broken, a knob inside was damaged, easily repaired by a screwdriver.

This jerk had me almost in tears worried I would have to postpone my move so I could afford repairs I didn't need. I feel he did this because I'm female and I would get it fixed before my trip.

I will NEVER go back here and I am informing everyone I know to not enter this business either.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/21/2009 06:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Monro-Muffler-Brake-Servuce/Painesville-Ohio-44077/Monro-Muffler-Brake-Service-Manager-tried-to-sell-me-False-Repairs-Painesville-Ohio-527014. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Monro Muffler - Brake & Servuce