Complaint Review: Monro Muffler Newington, NH

• Updated: Wed, October 19, 2011

• Reported By: Monrostinks — Newington New Hampshire United States of America
Monro Muffler Newington, NH
1801 Woodbury Avenue Portsmouth, New Hampshire United States of America

Monro Muffler Newington, NH Monro in BJ's Overcharged for a job not done. Months later still driving with fuel leak, putting lives in danger. Portsmouth, New Hampshire

I was charged way too much to have my brake, and fuel lines replaced because they were both leaking (I did call around after the fact, and was quoted about half the price I paid). Three months and thousands of miles later I took my car back because it smelled like gas, and I needed an inspection sticker. The mechanic had the nerves to tell me there was no leak, but found another $1200 of "suggested" repairs, $366 of which was required to get the sticker.

I got a second opinion somewhere else. They said I only needed to replace a part for $150 (all the other items quoted in the Monro's estimate were just fine), but there was a fuel leak and that the lines needed to be replace because they were rusted. I mentioned I had done it three months prior at Monro, and paid good money for it. When I told him the price, his jaw dropped, and he assured me the job had not been done.

Monro put my family's lives in danger for three months, and I would still be driving around with the fuel leak, had I not gone elsewhere!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/19/2011 07:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Monro-Muffler-Newington-NH/Portsmouth-New-Hampshire-03801/Monro-Muffler-Newington-NH-Monro-in-BJs-Overcharged-for-a-job-not-done-Months-later-sti-790691. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Monro Muffler Newington, NH