Complaint Review: Monro Muffler and Brake

• Reported By: reachinghigher4u — akron Ohio United States of America
Monro Muffler and Brake
588 west waterloo rd akron, Ohio United States of America

Monro Muffler and Brake CHARGED ME FOR REPAIR THAT WAS NEVER DONE akron, Ohio

Needed an exhaust gasket replaced. Noticed the next day that there was an exhaust leak EXACTLY  where the original one was but only this time there was some sort of gray cement sealant put around the seam. Went to the store to discuss with the manager and no one was there even though it was to open @ 7:30am and it was almost 8am. Called another location requesting for the DM to call me. Made an appt for the vehicle to be looked at on 8/27/2011 by that location, at that time.
DM, Jeff Hudson, called me and I told him what I felt was wrong, that the repair wasn't completed. He hung up with me, called the store to get their side. Once he called me back he was rude and wouldn't let me talk saying that he believed his employees (dealt with John Braden Jr) did their jobs. I said I was going to take it to another location and as long as theysaid the gasket was replaced and there was another issue, I would have no problems. [continued below]....
..... But if the work was NOT done then we would have serious problem because then it's a case of fraudulent repairs. He immediately said to me "Since you seem to be so well versed in automotive and exhaust repairs, and we are not, why don't I just refund your $ and you can go somewhere else!"  After agreeing to go to the other location in Fairlawn, Ohio (10 miles out of my way) and hanging up, I was thinking that I really didn't trust Monro to look at my vehicle since this was the 3 negative experience in a row for them in less then a year. Especially after being so condescendingly spoken to by someone in their upper  management, I really wanted someone else, a third party, to look at the vehicle. I went to a  different repair facility and was shown how the gasket was not replaced and in the process they damaged a part of the exhaust system that needed to be straightened out. I have all documentation via invoices and pictures showing this.
When I called the corp number to talk to a supervisor, Chris Johnson the customer service supervisor, told me that there was nothing they could/would do. Also was informed because I was bringing up such negative publicity for them by posting reviews on FB, that they no longer wanted me as a customer. When I told him I simply wanted an explanation for how and why this could happen, he said he had nothing more to say to me and after this phone call, it would not be discussed further.
I have been a LOYAL Monro customer for at least 15yrs and have NEVER had such an experience and complete disregard for customer satisfaction as I have in the past 8 months with this location.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/26/2011 12:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Monro-Muffler-and-Brake/akron-Ohio-44314/Monro-Muffler-and-Brake-CHARGED-ME-FOR-REPAIR-THAT-WAS-NEVER-DONE-akron-Ohio-769628. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Monro Muffler and Brake