Complaint Review: Monro Muffler and breaks

• Reported By: ocellatusjake — Newark Delaware United States of America
Monro Muffler and breaks
235 E main st, newark, de 19711 Newark, Delaware United States of America

Monro Muffler and breaks bad experiance costly repairs Newark, Delaware

I Went in for an oil change, check engine light and a 30 point safety inspection. What I got was a $850 quote for power steering sensor replacement, power steering flush, diagnostics, brake system flush, brake shoes, brake hardware, brake drums, brake caliber, and they forgot my oils change.

There was also a $38 misc. charge that did not get explained when addressed.

Knowing the power steering sensor was anywhere between $20-$40 and an oil change usually goes for $30(advertised for $21.99 with coupon) at most I told them to fix the check engine light, do the oil change, and write up the quote for the brakes.
What I received was a bill for $414.73. For the work done.

I did not get a written quote for the brakes, all I got was a list of parts.

When I asked about the price of replaced parts the justification I got was that is the dealers price and they only made 25% on the part.
If I wanted dealer prices I would have went to a dealer, which I stated.
I was told that every vehicle that gets the brakes tested has a print out of the test results. I asked to see mine. After the sales person went through all the slips for that day mine was not in the file. So there was no paperwork justifying the work that NEEDED to be done.

Upon further investigation by a reputable auto mechanic the shop left my brake calibers exposed, no supposed leakage in the brake lines, no worn brake drums, the drums in question were verbally quoted to be $100 + which in reality they are $40, and no need for repair with an estimated 10,000 of use left on my rear break system. I could not double check the sensor due to the fact they cleared my trucks memory, I will also have to wait to get my truck inspected due to the fact my trucks electrical device has been defaulted and I should probably point out the cheap air filter, and oil filter put on my truck that actually cost me $45.

People should not fear getting their vehicles fixed, take a second loan for repairs, or second guess work that has been done from a business who's motto is "Trust and Confidence".

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/27/2012 12:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Monro-Muffler-and-breaks/Newark-Delaware-19711/Monro-Muffler-and-breaks-bad-experiance-costly-repairs-Newark-Delaware-860052. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Monro Muffler and breaks