Complaint Review: Monro Muffler/Brake & Service - Speedy Auto Service By Monro

• Submitted: Sat, May 07, 2005
  • Updated: Sat, May 07, 2005

• Reported By:Patchogue New York
Monro Muffler/Brake & Service - Speedy Auto Service By Monro
1745 Western Avenue Albany, New York U.S.A.
  • Phone: 518-456-8117
  • Web:
  • Category: Mechanics

Monro Muffler/Brake & Service - Speedy Auto Service By Monro Ripoff! Poor Workmanship Albany New York

I lost my breaks 1 day while visiting family in Upstate, NY. I aquired over $600.00 worth of repair from the above company. Now a few months later while driving with my 9 year old daughter in the car we swerved to avoid an accident in front of us only to not have any breaks and run into a ditch.

I had my car towed to my home and called a mobile mechanic to repair the situation. After carefully looking over the car, he discovered that the prolblem was in a faulty caliber that this company had previously installed.

While he could have replaced the part and put me on my merry way, he showed me the problem and went over the original receipt and even helped me call the company (because I was under warranty) instead of them simplay agreeing to reimburse him for time, effort, towing, repair, and labor they have to come and get my car, tow it to their shop and I have to wait God knows how long with no vehicle for mine to get repaired.

I honestly don't even want them to touch my car now, but I guess corporate law dictates I must abide. So I warn you good folks out there to be leary of a company who will 'fix' your vehicle only to put you in danger, and then instead of repairing it quickly and reasonably would rather drag it out and make your life miserable.

Patchogue, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/07/2005 02:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Monro-MufflerBrake-Service-Speedy-Auto-Service-By-Monro/Albany-New-York-12203/Monro-MufflerBrake-Service-Speedy-Auto-Service-By-Monro-Ripoff-Poor-Workmanship-Alba-141884. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Monro Muffler/Brake & Service - Speedy Auto Service By Monro