Complaint Review: Monro Muffler/Brake and Service

• Submitted: Fri, March 04, 2011
  • Updated: Wed, November 16, 2011

• Reported By: tifluvsu80 — North Versailles Pennsylvania United States of America
Monro Muffler/Brake and Service
1813 Lincoln Highway North Versailles, Pennsylvania United States of America

Monro Muffler/Brake and Service lied, rip off, car broken still North Versailles, Pennsylvania

*UPDATE Employee: They were trying to help

*Author of original report: Problem fixed by another shop

Below is my complaint I have filed against Monro Muffler and also filed with the BBB. I'm sure shops rip off customers all the time !!!!

I own a 99 cavalier, my fiancée was doing some maintence on my car on 2/21/11 and noticed one of my muffler hangers was broken. I called the Monroe by my house Shop #110 in North Versailles 412-824-0162. Manager Michael Dalton and made an appointment for 2/22/11 to have the hanger repaired. I arrived at 9am on 2/22/11, they did a quick check of my car and came back and told me that my Flex Pipe had an exhaust leak. I told the tech to fix it; he welded the Flex Pipe in and repaired my muffler hanger. These repairs cost me $65.34

2/27/11 I noticed my car exhaust was making a loud noise and vibrating bad. On 2/28/11 while driving to my prenatal check up the vibrating became louder and at my doctors office parking lot I looked under my car and noticed my exhaust hanging at a low angle. I immediately called my fiancée to tell him and he called Monroe for another appointment. We brought my car back to Monroe on 2/28/11 at 5:30pm. They put my car on the lift and checked my car over again, the tech came back and told me that my rear muffler hanger broke AND the Flex Pipe needed to be re-welded. And the tech had to re-weld the piece a lot. Now the tech checked my car and said NOTHING about my rear muffler hanger. This broke due to the weld on the Flex Pipe not being done correctly. The Rear Muffler Repair on 2/28/11 cost me $31.76

On 3/1/11 I noticed my exhaust is extremely loud again and vibrating. My fiancée called Monroe again after driving my car to confirm the same suspicions that I had and Mike the Manager told him to bring my car in Friday since he was off the next two days and he would personally look at my car this time. Why didn’t he check my car on 2/28/11 when I was there a second time?

Now I have to return my car to the shop for a third time. Unacceptable! Also due to the fact they can’t fix my exhaust the first time this is causing my car to lose power in turn I have to press on the gas harder. I’m wasting gas, have you see gas prices?

I would appreciate Monroe returning my money to me. Having to return my car to the same shop now three times shouldn’t be. I also want my car fixed Friday, IF Michael Dalton can NOT fix my car correctly the third time I WILL take my car elsewhere and send your company the bill.

3 /4/11 My fiance took my car to Monro for the 3rd time. Michael Dalton told him that another bracket was broken and that the tech Harley told him that I declined to have it fixed on my first visit. IF I had been told I would have had it fixed at the same time I paid for other things to be fixed. So the first time and the second time I had my car to Monro nothing was wrong. This time I am given a list of things that went bad on my car in a two week span.

Now a clamp is broken, my motor mounts are bad and I require a Brake System and Transmission flush. These have nothing to do with what I took my car in for originally. While I was dealing with Michael my car was in the shop running for 40 minutes while he dealt with me, with no ventilation in the shop. My car is still not fixed. I emailed there Corporate office 4 times starting Tuesday. Corporate was able to forward Michael my complaint by no one ever returned my call. I also emailed the BBB Thursday.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/04/2011 06:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Monro-MufflerBrake-and-Service/North-Versailles-Pennsylvania-15137/Monro-MufflerBrake-and-Service-lied-rip-off-car-broken-still-North-Versailles-Pennsyl-702824. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Monro Muffler/Brake and Service

They were trying to help

AUTHOR: Autotech-since92 - (United States of America)

Being a Monro technician myself I've dealt with this situation before. The flex pipe should have been replaced on the first visit. I've tried to weld them before and most times they don't hold. The technician was trying to save you money by repairing the pipe instead of requiring you to replace it. Sorry the old part didn't hold up. The inability to take care of the issue, on your second visit, is inexcusable. Please don't take this shop as a representation of our company in whole.

Problem fixed by another shop

AUTHOR: tifluvsu80 - (United States of America)

I took my car to another shop Marty's Muffler to have them look at my car. The welds were terrible, Monro NEVER straightened my exhaust. Exhaust was crooked and the flex pipe was leaking from the welds that looked like a 3 year old did them.

I had to have another new flex pipe welded on, and another hanger replaced. I took pictures of before and after.  oh and the clamp they said I needed replaced, wasn't even broken.  They lied, they stole my money.  Monro isnt even a member of the BBB.