surrender

• Updated: Tue, November 13, 2012

• Reported By: JC — Quincy Massachusetts United States of America
Monro Muffler/Brake
500 Southern Artery Quincy, Massachusetts United States of America

Monro Muffler/Brake Oil change turned into a $210 rip-off after mechanic breaks shackle. Quincy, Massachusetts

I decided on Sunday to get an oil change and tire rotation. The first place I saw was Monro Muffler/Brake, so I pulled in and asked what they charged. $26.00 was Matts reply.

I decided to wait as I was told that it would only take approx. 15-20 minutes. Ten minutes later I was told a shackle broke when the technician was lifting the vehicle and would have to be replaced. Matt assured that he would look out for me as they always do with customers and take care of the work. It was a Sunday, he could not locate a shackle, I missed work the next day ($200 more) with no truck or tools.

Monday morning I went and paid $50 cash out of pocket for the shackle and brought it to Monro. The manager Anthony was working the desk and told me he would call me when my vehicle was repaired. He did, and charged me an additional $151., stating that he did not make the deal to look out for the customer and Matt had no right as he's only a technician. [Matt was acting manager Sunday.]

I called Monro Corporate and was told that they are not liable, because the shackle was rusted and it could have come off at the next pothole. I lost $200 from missing work, $50 for the shackle, and $151 in repair fees. $401. Should I have paid for everything?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/13/2012 02:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Monro-MufflerBrake/Quincy-Massachusetts-02169/Monro-MufflerBrake-Oil-change-turned-into-a-210-rip-off-after-mechanic-breaks-shackle-968675. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Monro Muffler/Brake