Complaint Review: Monro Muffler/Brake

• Reported By: Bill — Westminster Maryland United States of America
Monro Muffler/Brake
820 Market St Westminster, Maryland United States of America

Monro Muffler/Brake Mr Tire Wheel Bearing Ripoff Westminster, Maryland

In a matter of 5 minutes Monro Muffler in Westminster (BJ's) lost 3 customers. I brought my car in for repair. The final bill of $485 to replace one wheel bearing assembly. I accepted the fact that I was charged more than 3 times the actual cost, but what are you going to do. What I didn't appreciate is the rudeness and blatant disregard your operation has for the general public. The $40 part (online price) was listed on my bill for $673, but I was very lucky to have such a good clerk (sarcasm) that he discounted the part by 50%. I only paid $336 for the $40 part. Thanks Monro! Again, I know there is always a mark-up, so I suck it up. I went online to get a coupon from Monro. They had a $20 off coupon if you spend over $200. Well that's me - wrong! The clerk said that because he discounted the part I could have one or the other not both. VERY suspect business practices. The 3 drivers in my family have spent many dollars in your shop. It's hard to believe you would lose all future business over $20. What business school did you folks attend?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/05/2010 11:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Monro-MufflerBrake/Westminster-Maryland-21157/Monro-MufflerBrake-Mr-Tire-Wheel-Bearing-Ripoff-Westminster-Maryland-647755. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Monro Muffler/Brake