Complaint Review: Monroe Brake And Muffler

• Submitted: Tue, October 14, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, October 14, 2008

• Reported By:indiana Pennsylvania
Monroe Brake And Muffler
Oakland Avenue Indiana, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

Monroe Brake And Muffler You be the judge Indiana Pennsylvania

You be the Judge! I took my 1998 Ford Explorer to Monroe to have two automatic transmission lines replaced. I also asked Monroe to inspect the vehicle while it was in their shop. I left the vehicle and received a call from Monroe that the upper ball joints were bad and needed to be replaced to pass inspection. I was shocked when I was told that the cost to do the work would exceed $600!

I told Monroe that I wanted to take my vehicle to another nationally known company to verify their findings. You guessed it, I was told at the second place that the ball joints did not need replaced. I stood by and watched the two mechanics try to move the tires with bars (to detect play in the ball joints) and the conclusion both came to was that the explorer would be passed/and was passed. They even brought the book and noted the allowable tollerence in the ball joints to pass inspection and my tollerence was not even close to failing. Either Monroe has incompetent mechanics or some other motive for trying to replace ball joints that were fine.

It is unfortuate that the Monroe Muffler store was full of people waiting to have work done--You be the judge. Monroe failed my vehicle and charged me for the inspection (pass or fail). Of course they failed the vehicle and I had to pay double to have my explorer pass inspection.

It seems to me that someone should investigate these practices to protect the public from this type of business dealings--You be the judge.

Carson
indiana, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/14/2008 11:01 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Monroe-Brake-And-Muffler/Indiana-Pennsylvania-15701/Monroe-Brake-And-Muffler-You-be-the-judge-Indiana-Pennsylvania-381084. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Monroe Brake And Muffler