• Report: #572084

338 ELMIRA RD ITHACA, New York United States of America
  • Phone: 6072738600
  • Web:
  • Category:

Monroe Muffler And Brake WIPER BLADES, ATTEMPT TO SELL BRAKES THAT I DID NOT NEED, ITHACA, New York

I went to get an inspection on my vehicle at Monroe in downtown Ithaca.  They said that the vehicle needed wipers to pass inspection  - at a cost of $35.00 (wow).  I did not argue, but was suspicious since I replaced the wipers six months earlier.  Also, the helpful employee proceeded to inform me that I needed to replace my brakes and rotors.  He said that my car will pass the inspection, but he strongly encouraged that I replace the front brakes.  Interesting, I told him, I had the rotor and brake pads replaced 6,000 miles ago at another Monroe location.  The helpful clerk then attempted to change the subject quickly, but stated that the front brakes would need to be replaced sooner than later.  Today, I took off the front tires and looked at my brakes.  The rotors were like new and there was still about 90% life on the pads.  Be careful, it seems to me that these people are selling something that does not need to be purchased.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/19/2010 06:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Monroe-Muffler-And-Brake/ITHACA-New-York-14850/Monroe-Muffler-And-Brake-WIPER-BLADES-ATTEMPT-TO-SELL-BRAKES-THAT-I-DID-NOT-NEED-ITHACA-572084. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Monroe Muffler And Brake