Complaint Review: Monroe Muffler

• Submitted: Wed, December 08, 2010
  • Updated: Wed, December 08, 2010

• Reported By: Deanna — North Kingsville Ohio U.S.A.
Monroe Muffler
1058 W. Prospect Rd Ashtabula, Ohio United States of America

Monroe Muffler RIP OFF FRAUD.... Alternator, engine light... stalling out Ashtabula, Ohio

About 4 months ago my 2006 Chevy Trailblaizer started bogging down and losing power with heat blower on. Battery gauge was dipping way down. I thought that it was my battery. My engine light also came on. I took the vehicle to monroe because I felt that it would be more convenient. I have a chronic lung condition and cannot walk far or be in the elements or I cannot breath.

Took the vehicle and left it over night. They put in a new alternator, new breaks and stated that they reset the check engine light. As I was backing out of the parking lot, the engine light was on, and it stalled. Maybe a fluke. I immediately went back in and had one of the mechanics come out. He was clueless. Told me not to worry about the light. I reminded the manager that I needed a dependable vehicle...he assured me that it was fine.

Welll both problems have persisted since. I took the vehicle to the local garage and voila...I need an alternator. Wow....didn't they know they only lasted 4 months. I will not pay another dime to that scam business and I will publicize it all over the country. Next is the FTC and BBB......MONROE YOU SUCK. YOU NOT ONLY RIPPED ME OFF YOU PUT MY LIFE ON THE LINE. GO TO H*LL.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/08/2010 07:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Monroe-Muffler/Ashtabula-Ohio-44004/Monroe-Muffler-RIP-OFF-FRAUD-Alternator-engine-light-stalling-out-Ashtabula-Ohio-669609. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Monroe Muffler