Complaint Review: Monroe Muffler

• Submitted: Tue, May 03, 2005
  • Updated: Tue, March 18, 2008

• Reported By:West Greenwich Rhode Island
Monroe Muffler
1400 Atwood Avenue Johnston, Rhode Island U.S.A.

Monroe Muffler & Speedy Auto Service ripoff, incompetent service technicians Johnston Rhode Island

*Consumer Comment: ......

Went to Speedy Auto (owned by Monroe) in Johnston RI to have an oil change. The service rep asked if I wanted my transmission flushed for an extra $99. Considering I had 115,000 miles, I figured it was a great prevention measure.

I picked up my car and on the way home, the transmission seized up completely. The vehicle was towed to Aamco Transmission specialist.

The Aamco technician said "Speedy should have never flushed this transmission. The flushing causes damage to worn transmissions. We (Aamco) would have NEVER flushed this system.

I called Speedy's Corporate office. They referred me to their insurance company Travelors. Travelors sent out an adjuster. The adjuster said he couldn't determine the cause of the failure (course not, he can't see inside the transmission). Travelors denied the claim.

Speedy is a rip-off. Do not go there. Not even for an oil change. I now have to turn this over to a lawyer to sue this horrible company.

Stay away from Speedy and/or Monroe Muffler.

Michael
West Greenwich, Rhode Island

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/03/2005 01:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Monroe-Muffler/Johnston-Rhode-Island-02919/Monroe-Muffler-Speedy-Auto-Service-ripoff-incompetent-service-technicians-Johnston-Rhod-141410. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Monroe Muffler

......

AUTHOR: Ohboy - (U.S.A.)

I have been using this same place for over 5 years now. I get my oil changed every 3 months. Ive never had a problem there, and now that I read this Im glad I ONLY get my oil done by them.

Thanks for the input.