Complaint Review: Monroe Muffler/Brake

• Updated: Fri, November 09, 2012

• Reported By: Florence — E Greenwich Rhode Island United States of America
Monroe Muffler/Brake
1400 Atwood, Johnston, Rhode Island United States of America

Monroe Muffler/Brake Company would replace parts free but when i brought the car in for the repair they denied ever saying it. Johnston, Rhode Island

I had an agreement with Monroe to replace the rotors on my car at no charge as they had just been installed a little over a year ago.  (I spent  $1700.00 for new (?) rotors, pads, drums turned, and tires). I made an appointment to have the work done as agreed; however, when I brought the car in for the replacement the company denied ever making that statement saying that if I had the drums replaced they would replace the rotors.

Monroe totally misrepresented the work they agreed to do on my vehicle.  I have called corporate a number of times and received no courteous or logical response.  Corporate backed the store manager even though none of them were ever privy to the conversations between myself and the attendant, assistant manager, I spoke with.

I will never do business with Monroe Muffler again and plan to let everyone I know about their shady practices.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/09/2012 10:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Monroe-MufflerBrake/Johnston-Rhode-Island-02919/Monroe-MufflerBrake-Company-would-replace-parts-free-but-when-i-brought-the-car-in-for-t-966874. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Monroe Muffler/Brake