Complaint Review: Monster Cable Products

• Updated: Sun, January 13, 2013

• Reported By: Raj — morgantown West Virginia United States of America
Monster Cable Products
455 Valley Dr Brisbane, California United States of America

Monster Cable Products iCarPlay Wireless 1000 destroyed my car electronic system. Kept product but gave no refund. Brisbane, California

*Consumer Comment: You're dreaming.....

Monster Cable Products is a very unethical company.  If you read on Yelp, there are other consumers who have been cheated and scammed by this company.
I purchased an iCarPlay Wireless 1000 in June which destroyed the electronic system of my vehicle.  I filed a claim and of course Monster told me they do not feel their product ruined my electronics.  I have 2 mechanics telling me it is the likely culprit. Furthermore, they tell me they destroyed my iCarPlay Wireless 1000 and will send me a check for the amount of the product.

I appealed their decision regarding the iCarPlay Wireless 1000 not destroying my car.  Going on 3 months no answer.  It is now 7 months and they still have not sent me a check for the destroyed iCarPlay Wireless 1000. I emailed them and this is what they told me.
"On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 3:41 PM, Customer Support <customersupport@monsterproducts.com> wrote:
The Accounts Payable department does record of the generated RMA# and all of the information that was submitted however they do not have record of the check being processed and mailed out to you. We will expedite this as quick as possible and we will have it overnighted to you.  We will forward you the tracking information as soon as the check is processed which should be within the  2-4 days. Thank you for your patience and once again we do apologize for the timeline for you to get
the refunded amount of the transmitter.

AMD Customer Technical Services
Monster Cable Products, Inc.
455 Valley DriveBrisbane, CA  94005
(877)800-8989"

That email was December 18 and it is now January 13 almost 1 month and that "overnighted" check still has not arrived.  I have since emailed them 3 times and have no response.  Their phone support just hangs up after extended holds.  This company is a fraud and I am contacting the California attorney general. This company is terrible.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/13/2013 09:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Monster-Cable-Products/Brisbane-California-/Monster-Cable-Products-iCarPlay-Wireless-1000-destroyed-my-car-electronic-system-Kept-p-996030. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Monster Cable Products

You're dreaming.....

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

There's not a snowballs chance that this device destroyed the electronic system of your car...whatever that is.

It has a VERY low power FM transmitter to send a signal to your car radio. By FCC rules, this signal is in the low MICRO-volt range.  This voltage is only measurable with specialized equipment.

I would expect the coversation you had with your  2 "mechanics" went something like this:

You: Do you think this wireless 1000 could have destroyed the electronic system of my car?"

Mechanic (times 2) "Yeah, guess it could have."

"Monster Cable Products is a very unethical company."

I don't know why your refund is late coming, but they also know it's impossible for the device to destroy your electronic system.

Before you write me off as not knowing what I'm talking about, I spent over fifty years in microwave radio technology and consumer electronics maintenance and repair.

The signal you receive from radio stations on your car radio is almost certainly MANY times stronger than from the little wireless 1000.

Per FCC rules, that little transmitter is utterly incapable of putting out a signal of the magnitude required to destroy ANY electronics.  It is purposely kept low to prevent interference to other nearby radios.

I think they were generous to even agree to refund you on this.

No, I DON'T work for them, but had recent contact with them on one of my line conditioners.

They were professional and helpful..no problems.  They back the units I have with a five year replacement warranty.  Mine just needed reset due to a power surge.