Complaint Review: Monster March Against Bullying

• Updated: Tue, May 15, 2012

• Reported By: KSL PR — Palm Springs California United States of America
Monster March Against Bullying
Novato, California United States of America

Monster March Against Bullying Christi Oconner founder Youthvoice TV Christi Oconner Scam, Youthvoice, Fraud Novato, California

*General Comment: Similar Experience

*Author of original report: Owner will respond EVERYTiME someone posts on here.

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Please Do Not Respond To These Posts

*Author of original report: re: Grieving Family

*General Comment: Seriously

*Author of original report: Christi Oconnor Monster march against bullying

*General Comment: Monster March

Monster March Against Bullying Founder Christi Oconner, using fraudulent tactics to bring in donations, that are supposed to go to bullied teen families.  But are actually going into her own bank account to pay her bills and make her wealthy.  Monster March Against Bullying is advertising about a March that is supposed to take place in October and headline Lady GaGa to perform.  Lady Ga Ga has yet to confirm and no date for the march has been set.  Monster March Against Bullying duped me into providing free pro bono services, all in the name of helping bullied teens.  I got duped,  I hope that noone else has to go through this and learn the hard way, like I did.   Do not give donations or services to this organization.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/09/2012 04:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Monster-March-Against-Bullying/Novato-California-/Monster-March-Against-Bullying-Christi-Oconner-founder-Youthvoice-TV-Christi-Oconner-Sca-880406. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Monster March Against Bullying

#1 General Comment

Similar Experience

AUTHOR: Concerned - ()

I wrote up a long report about an unpleasant experience with Ms. O'Connor. I decided to put it away and not post it, however, because she seems aggressive and I don't want any trouble. I've already spent far too much time dealing with this. I just want, for the benefit of others, to second the author's experience, including what was bordering threats of slander -- a very unprofessional way to use one's leverage as a journalist. Some digging also confirmed that many things (e.g., the Monster March, YouthVoice TV) are misrepresented to say the least.

To the mother of the teen suicide victim: My sincerest apologies for what happened to your child. I am glad that you have a good relationship with Ms. O'Connor and that she helped you. That said, others have had less pleasant experiences.

To the original author of the report: There is a typo in the spelling of the surname -- no big deal but it made this helpful report harder to find. Could it be fixed?

Owner will respond EVERYTiME someone posts on here.

AUTHOR: KSL PR - (United States of America)

Owner of company will respond everytime someone posts on here , if you dont like it stop reading it.

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Please Do Not Respond To These Posts

AUTHOR: ConcernedFormerClient - (United States of America)

Dear Monster March families and teens,

This is Christi O'Connor, founder of The Monster March.

While we appreciate your support and we understand your feelings, please do not respond to these posts. We don't want any of you subjected to this kind of conduct which will only perpetuate in its form and will not rise to any value toward saving teen lives or ending bullying. We had to cut ties with this person and we have.

As we teach our youth, we recognize false accusations for what they are. We take appropriate action.   We refuse to relinquish our power by taking part and, instead, we remain true to ourselves.

Brittany's mother is correct. As she, all our families and our donors know, The Monster March hasn't accepted a single contribution yet. Pledges await the completion of our appropriate structure set up   which is almost complete. This is all that needs to be said.

We are very proud of our teens who are changing laws, raising awareness and saving bullied teenagers' lives.

Let's remain focused.

Warmly,

Christi

re: Grieving Family

AUTHOR: KSL PR - (United States of America)

You want to talk about grieving?  lets talk about me helping a grieving family who lost their son to suicide and because the mother of the suicide teen asked me for help with her sons memorial  Christi decided to go nuts on me and the family to whom, I was helping and rant and rave and slander me on this website first.  Go to my website and read the press www.kslpr.com  I am sorry that you lost your daughter and that Christi is using you to fight her battles for her, instead of dealing with things on her own.  She started this whole situation, by insulting me and the grieving family, who was only trying to honor their son.  I have already contacted the authorities and she will soon be investigated.  She is a for profit, not a non profit, look up the difference and you will see what it means.  She has NO tax exempt status, and is trying to use a non profit's tax info for her organization.  That is illegal.   She couldn't pay her rent, she asked me to find her a sponsor to give her money.  She is already been sued successfully by her former business partner and is now facing multiple lawsuits.  I feel bad for all of these families, because without using all of you to profit off of, she has nothing.   Lets profit off of the dead and grieving, what a great person  Christi O'conner is.

#5 General Comment

Seriously

AUTHOR: brittsmomma - (United States of America)

Seriously, what kind of individual would attack a grieving mother? By the way, I can spell, I am sorry that you felt the need to pick up on some grammatical and spelling errors, excuse me for not proof reading before I hit the submit button. You still have not answered my question, which was why have you not notified the authorities with your offensive accusations towards a organization that is helping families such as mine? Just please stop, so other teens and families can be saved from the heart ache that our family will forever have.

Christi Oconnor Monster march against bullying

AUTHOR: KSL PR - (United States of America)

How c an you be an accountant and you cant even spell? what do you know about what happened?  before you start talking out of your collective A__  you should get your facts straight  she sandered me first  she is a bully and a liar

#7 General Comment

Monster March

AUTHOR: brittsmomma - (United States of America)

We are member family of the Monster March. I am accountant, and the mother of a teen who was bullied, which sadly ended in suicide. I was offended to see this type of comment towards a wonderful organization who has done nothing but help families who have lost teens to suicide and other teens who are currently being bullied. The Monster March has yet to accept a single donation. We need change to help save other lives, and Christi OConnor is making that happen through Monster March. I see in your post that you were doing pro bono work, which I am curious to know; what that work involved? Were you the accountant or where you the PR? Needless to say, you have made false accusations not only towards the founder of Monster March, but towards the organization itself, which are illegal and very slanderous. Having proof is one thing but slander is something entirely different, so my question to you, is why would you post these false acquisitions on here and not seek out the proper authorities? Again, I am deeply offended by your remarks towards an organization that is and continues to personally help our family. My mom used to say, sticks and stones may break my bones, but names will never harm me. Well, that statement couldn't be further from the truth, because we are now learning to live without our beautiful daughter because of bullying such as this. As for Lady Ga Ga headlining for one of the Monster Marches, that would be awesome, because of the work she and her mother are doing to help stop bullying. However, whither Lady Ga Ga makes an appearance or not, does not justify the slanderous remarks towards the Monster March Foundation nor Christi O'Connor of whom our family has come to know and respect.

intervals