Vermont

• Reported By:Sarasota Florida
Monster Networking
N/A Internet U.S.A.

Monster Networking, monster.com rip-off! Online fraud! Internet

I was sent an email by Monster.com asking if I would like to be involved in Monster Networking. It stated that there was no cost, just like Monster.com. I'm currenlty doing a job search so I thought it might help.

I searched for some local contacts here in Sarasota, Florida. Closest was Tampa, Fla. I sent emails to half dozen, only one responded. He was polite but could not offer much help in my search. So, I never had further contact.

Now, approximately 2 weeks go by and I get an email from Monster.com telling me that they billed my account $9.99 and that this is a re-occuring monthly charge! I not only never agreed to this charge, I never gave them my bank account number!! Don't know how they go that info!!

I sent them emails, asking for a refund and to never again deduct fees from my account. Never heard back on that issue. Cannot call, as they don't have a phone number listed!! Not sure how to stop them from billing my account, other than to instruct my bank to "back out" the charge each month!!

Jack
Sarasota, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/22/2004 09:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Monster-Networking/internet/Monster-Networking-monstercom-rip-off-Online-fraud-Internet-100055. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Monster Networking