Complaint Review: Monster transmission and performance

• Updated: Mon, February 11, 2013

• Reported By: paybacktime — san jose California United States of America
Monster transmission and performance
19370 OLIVER ST Brooksville, Florida United States of America

Monster transmission and performance AVALANCE CORP / ACE FAMILY TRUST BEWARE BEFORE YOU BUY / SCAMMERS / DID NOT HONOR WARRANY Brooksville, Florida

I purchased tranny, torque converter in July 2011.  I put on 42k miles in 1.5 years (under warranty) and the reverse gear went out, actually reversing bands, according to ASE Certified mechanic.  I paid $303.00 to have it inspected, per Monsters rep and i faxed in the copy of bill right from the shop.  They said, they would cover up to 250.00.  The mechanic took off the pan to inspect, servos and pump area and said,"all is fine" and the problem is inside.  Per rep, she had sent a truck to pick up the defective (under warranty) tranny.  After a week to transport and almost a week for them to get back to me, a call now came from Josh Mercardo and informed me that the problem was caused by a dented tranny pan and broken/ worn pump... well i guess that would of caused the tranny not to operate at all, but the forward gears were all working properly.  He sent 3 pics, and it appeared that the pan pics looked older than the pan i remembered ...  at that time i went online to search this company.  I found many complaints with the bbb hernando county  27 complaints.  I read many on www.pissedconsumer.com and decided to leave my own cronological narrative.  Josh M informed me that it would be $800 to repair and send back to me.  I was stunned and decided to think about this.  I called back and asked him to bring the price down.   The next day he called back to say it would be 400 now.  I had no choice at that time.  I said ok fix it.  Later that day he called back to say, he had seen a posting online and now changed the price back to $800.00 Now you know what i have been through.  I had no choice and said ok.    Later that day i called back and i had changed my mind.  I informed them at Monster Trans to send my tranny back...... to be continued.....

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/11/2013 10:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Monster-transmission-and-performance/Brooksville-Florida-34601/Monster-transmission-and-performance-AVALANCE-CORP-ACE-FAMILY-TRUST-BEWARE-BEFORE-YOU-BU-1012241. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Monster transmission and performance