Complaint Review: Monster.com

• Updated: Sat, November 01, 2008

• Reported By:Sacramento California
Monster.com
www.monster.com Internet U.S.A.

Monster.com This website allows far too many scams, con artists, fraud colleges on their website! Florence, South Carolina Internet

I know a lot of people have said good things about monster.com over the years. I am the dissenting opinion that this website allows too many scam artists, con men, fraudulent colleges which offer degree mills and doesn't make the effort to delete these websites from their website. It is simply a case of buyer beware when it comes to dealing with job posters.

I am a member of monster.com since September and am a recent college graduate. I applied for jobs on this website, preferably within the vicinity of my neighborhood. During the month of October, I recieved a call back from a company called 'Ad Hoc Advertisement' and another called 'O' Rourke Advertising ,' if either has checked this website they can find out these companies are not what they claim to be and were conducting borderline legal scams. In Ad Hoc's case, they will tell they are an "aggressive advertising company" that has worked with "Papa John's" and "the Oakland A's." When, in fact, they are selling Winnie the Pooh Encyclopedias titled "Pooh-Pedias" and door-to-door canvassing selling home improvement.

If a company is as successful as they claim to be, what the f**k are they doing selling Pooh-Pedias for? I also recieved an unsolicited e-mail from some guy named 'Bryan' telling me about some work-at-home scam, and just this week, I recieved another phone call from a lady pitching me the idea of an anti-wrinkle cream which "annihilates aging forever"! All I have to do is go on their website www.thebesttrend.com and listen to a 30-minute pitch and I will have to work again!

I have recieved, in one morning, six--yes,six, calls from a fraudulent degree mill. I never solicited their offers so they got my info from monster.com. Its time monster.com start coming to terms with their website because people will eventually smell the fraudulent postings, the degree mills, and the scams and stop trusting this website as a source for their careers.

Anthony
Sacramento, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/01/2008 07:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Monstercom/internet/Monstercom-This-website-allows-far-too-many-scams-con-artists-fraud-colleges-on-their-w-387081. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Monster.com