Complaint Review: Monumental Insurance

• Updated: Wed, January 30, 2013

• Reported By: Scott — Granite Falls North Carolina United States of America
Monumental Insurance
300 W Morgan St Durham, North Carolina United States of America

Monumental Insurance Takes money out of your account after you tell them to stop. Durham , North Carolina

I've had Life insurance with Monumental for years on me my wife and two sons. A couple years back

they talked me into letting them start taking their payment out of my bank account They said that I would get a small discount for doing this. As soon as I done it my price went up a few dollars because of my sons turning 18 surprise. Over the years we have always had to almost go and kidnap an agent to get them here and havent seen one in years. Recently our finances got real tight and I said enough is enough and called tried to get in touch with my agent finally had to call the company and tell them not to take any more money out of my account and to send my agent to my house so that I could get a different policy. When that didn't work I called them and told them to stop taking the money out and we were cancelling the policy. After they took out another payment we finally got in touch with our agent to find out she didn't work for them any more. We called them again and told them to stop taking money out and to send our new agent out. We still haven't seen anyone and now I had to go to the bank and spend $35 more that i didn't have to spare to stop the draft. Whatever you do do not let them in your account they will not stop till the drain you dry or you have to spend your money to stop them. I learned a valuable lesson and have filed complaints with the better business bureau to try to stop this nonsense. I know they will now try to let my policy lapse so they can cheat me out of my cash value of the policy. So be warned STAY AWAY from them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/30/2013 11:03 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Monumental-Insurance/Durham-North-Carolina-27701/Monumental-Insurance-Takes-money-out-of-your-account-after-you-tell-them-to-stop-Durham-1006082. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Monumental Insurance