Complaint Review: More4LessDigital.com

• Updated: Wed, May 22, 2013

• Reported By: margoinlargo — Largo Florida
Internet USA

More4LessDigital.com Roadblocks O'Plenty to Disallow Customer Service! Internet

Ordered Nikon Coolpix S9100 for $119 from More4Less.com.  Didn't arrive in usual time.  Happened to find email in "junk" from More4Less, asking me to call.  Seems they needed my CC 3 digit code - suspect, as charge wouldn't have gone through without.  During conversation (very friendly this time), I asked re battery.  Seems no battery came with it, but Ben said he'd "fix me up."  Here was the bait & switch, unsuspecting to me.  When camera came, it was a complete kit, even a tripod.  None of this was needed, save the battery, which I thought I had made clear to Ben. This was my 2nd Coolpix to replace the first.  I soon discovered that my CC was billed $208.50!!!  I tried for days to contact them.  Taped message said 'call during business hours', which was when I called.  Emails came back undeliverable.  After a week of frustration attempting to speak with More4Less, I contacted my bank and began a dispute.  Now, over two months later, when both Wells and I have finally made contact with More4Less, I've been told: 1/you had 7 days to return merchandise;  Now, if you return, you must pay (as Jonathan summarily told me) up to $200, and you don't want to do that, do you?; 2/ No, I could not negotiate the $89.50 extra.  Jonathan announced that they were "doing me a favor" by NOT sending a Chinese camera and "upgrading" me to a USA model.

Did I say that the battery door on the camera will not stay closed (duct tape?)?  Did I say that the battery they sent had cardboard glued to both sides?  When I put my old battery into the camera, it fell out, and not because of the non-closing door. I'm sure this is a refurbished camera, and badly at that.  None of this was made clear.  I didn't need a recharger or a tripod.  I was willing to keep the camera (duct tape will do), asking only for a rebate on the extra $89.50 charge. None of this was negotiable.

My bank continues to keep me involved, asking me to email them.  I have a folder with 8 emails, all "unable to deliver."  Fortunately, my bank has copies of them all.  When I did get Jonathan on the phone this morning, he was condescending and refused any of my compromises in this miserable situation. After listening to his peremptory retorts to my suggestions, I mentioned that if nothing else I would expose More4Less so that others might avoid their abyss of customer misery.  Jonathan's response was "expose away!" And so...this.

How this will turn out, I don't know. My experience is that this company sends refurbished products, and in my case, faulty at that.  They foil any attempts at customer service, making contact impossible.  Even today, another returned email.  There is no customer service at More4Less, unless you are placing an order.  That they will honor.

More Misery 4 Less service.  Amen!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/22/2013 10:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/More4LessDigitalcom/internet/More4LessDigitalcom-Roadblocks-OPlenty-to-Disallow-Customer-Service-Internet-1052936. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on More4LessDigital.com