Complaint Review: Morgan Buildings and Spas Store #581

• Submitted: Sun, February 05, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, February 07, 2012

• Reported By: James — Ruidoso Downs New Mexico United States of America
Morgan Buildings and Spas Store #581
10028 Central Avenue Southeast Albuquerque, NM 871 Albuquerque, New Mexico United States of America

Morgan Buildings and Spas Store #581 Bait and Switch Albuquerque, New Mexico

*Consumer Comment: Interesting

*Author of original report: Legal vs. Right

*Consumer Comment: Where in the World?

I purchased a used Morgan Spa from the Albuquerque, NM store. I put 500.00 down. The total purchase price was 2000.00. I was told a credit check would be run and I would be offered financing. After three days, I received a call. I was then told I was denied credit, but they would finance "in-house" at 18%. I declined this and asked for a refund of my deposit. I never had the spa in my possession. They had the spa still at their store. It was less than a week from when I put down the deposit. They refused to return my deposit.

I have no problem with being denied credit, though I know my credit score is in the high 700's. I do however know that laws in all states allow for return of product in original condition with in a certain time, usually 15 days minimum.

Morgan Spas is a company that will do this bait and switch on financing.

The address, phone number, and sales associate are listed below:
Morgan Buildings and Spas Store #581
Mike Campbell, Employee # 7521
10028 Central Avenue Southeast
Albuquerque, NM 87123-2626
(505) 292-3131

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/05/2012 05:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Morgan-Buildings-and-Spas-Store-581/Albuquerque-New-Mexico-87107/Morgan-Buildings-and-Spas-Store-581-Bait-and-Switch-Albuquerque-New-Mexico-834144. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Morgan Buildings and Spas Store #581

Interesting

AUTHOR: amazed - (United States of America)

It would really seem in reading this that "Robert" from Irving just might be an employee of this company.  As Robert just seems to be too much in the know, that is just from an outside view point.  I agree, Morgan needs to do what is right and ethical.  I hope "James" gets his 500.00 back from this company.

Legal vs. Right

AUTHOR: James - (United States of America)

Just because something is legal doesn't mean it is right or ethical. And my purpose for this report is to hopefully prevent anyone else from being swindled by unethical business practices.

Where in the World?

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

And just how do you KNOW this?  I always am amazed at what people think, and really wonder where they get these totally off-the-wall ideas from.

I was told a credit check would be run and I would be offered financing.
- That is EXACTLY what happened.   They ran a credit check, you didn't qualify for certain credit so they offered you financing at 18%.

Now the issue with you is the deposit.  When you handed over $500 you got something in writing to show that you did right?  What does that say?  Does it say the deposit is refundable or non-refundable.  If it says it is non-refundable then you are out of luck and hope you like the new spa you get at 18% if you don't want to loose $500.