Complaint Review: Morgan Buildings and Spas

• Updated: Mon, November 26, 2012

• Reported By: Gil — Fair Oaks Ranch Texas United States of America
Morgan Buildings and Spas
2800 McCree Rd Garlin, Texas United States of America

Morgan Buildings and Spas Morgan Portable Buildings Unresponsive and Deceptive Business Garlin , Texas

I purchased a portable building on 08/20/2012 and was told by an agent of Morgan Buildings that it would take 4-6 weeks for my building to arrive. After a couple months, I went where I purchased the building and called the company. Almost all calls went to voice mail and the calls were never  returned.

Even when I tried to contact the Operator at Morgan Buildings, I would get voice mail.  I found out after speaking to a very nice lady named Shelly, that the steel for by building had been on backorder.

My biggest complaint is the way the business treats its customers and ignores problems and complaints.  If you read the fine print on the back of their contract, you will discover some troubling things.

The fine print on the back of the contract is "too fine" (5 point font) to meet the definition of "Clearly and Conspicuously" as described in  (15 USC 45 (a)). Many academic articles have determined that an 8 point font is the smallest font that is readable to person's over the age of 30.   Your fine print 37.5% smaller than what is considered readable to the naked eye.

The fine print incorrectly tries to create a "waiver of liability" for Morgan(s) agents and the company for activities that can clearly be considered " False and Deceptive".

The contract fails to provide the "Purchaser" a way out without forfeiture of all earnest money even when it's "Morgan" that fails to perform.

The purchase agreement attempts to create a legal contract in which "Morgan" can fail to deliver said "Building" indefinitely without providing a means for the "Purchaser" to recover all earnest money without having to seek legal remedy.

The agreement also tries to indemnify "Morgan" from any subsequent legal action or damages resulting in "Morgan(s)" failure to fulfill their part of the contract.

The people at Morgan Buildings appear to know that their is no simple remedy when they fail to perform and thats how they treated me.  I've been hung up on because I asked if the building would be delivered this year.  The sales person that I purchased the building from was fired.  When I went to the location where I purchased the building, the lady wouldn't even make eye contact and continued typing away.  I asked her to look at me when I am talking.  Her response was hostile and she ordered me to leave which I did.

The short answer is that you will gain more satisfaction by purchasing a hammer and repeatedly hitting yourself in the head than going through the experience I and others have gone through.  I have only been this frustrated one other time in my life and that was 35 years ago.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/26/2012 01:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Morgan-Buildings-and-Spas/Garlin-Texas-78041/Morgan-Buildings-and-Spas-Morgan-Portable-Buildings-Unresponsive-and-Deceptive-Business-Ga-973882. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Morgan Buildings and Spas