Complaint Review: Morgan Law Associates

• Updated: Sat, February 09, 2013

• Reported By: Stephen — Nashville Tennessee United States of America
Morgan Law Associates
San Diego CA San Diego, California United States of America

Morgan Law Associates Russell Reid They call several times threatening to have the sheriff come and take me into custody San Diego, California

*Consumer Comment: scammers

Started receiving threatening phone calls about some bills that I owed and had not paid.  At first the amount was like $500.  Next time they called, the amount had increased to $1100.  Admittedly, I owed some money, but I had no idea it was this amount.  I agreed to pay after begging them to allow some time to collect the money.

The very next day, I got a call saying I owed more money than originally agreed upon.  The amount was now $4760 and if I did not pay this amount in an hour, the sheriff would come and take me to jail.  I was able to raise the money thanks to my ex-wife.  Now, they are saying they will check my credit tomorrow to see if I have anymore outstanding loans.  This matter is get worse instead of better and I am afraid I have been scammed.

Sincerely,
Stephen B

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/08/2013 04:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Morgan-Law-Associates/San-Diego-California-/Morgan-Law-Associates-Russell-Reid-They-call-several-times-threatening-to-have-the-sheriff-1011081. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Morgan Law Associates

scammers

AUTHOR: Stacey - (U.S.A.)

You did indeed get scammed - call your local law enforcement agency and (((REDACTED)))  Sorry about your situation but just remember you cannot be arrested for outstanding debts unless it involves a bad check etc