Complaint Review: Morgan & Pottinger psc

• Submitted: Fri, May 13, 2011
  • Updated: Tue, May 17, 2011

• Reported By: Missy — London Kentucky U.S.A.
Morgan & Pottinger psc
204 East Market St, Louisville ky 40202 london, Kentucky United States of America

Morgan & Pottinger psc Attorney filed civil suit for collection of debt...feel like I've been scammed! london, Kentucky

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: research .....research.....research

*Consumer Comment: Collections

*Consumer Comment: RE:

I was delivered by the sheriff's office a civil suit in regards to a past due credit card balance.  It wasn't older than 5 yrs old.  In a panic and out of fear, I called Morgan & Pottinger to find out what was going on.  They said they were suing for the balance on my closed acct credit card.  I agreed to make payments as i was paying the credit card company before but had a hard time meeting the minimum for some time.  The amount I owed according to M&G was $6615.35.  they taked on $962.86 in court costs and 26.99% interest.   Of course, I just didn't want to be sued and didn't take notice or remember hearing these details I just wanted to pay the debt.  I've paid $2000 to date...and it's only down to $7019 from approx. 7600.  Okay...and they say they have a lien on my house.  I'm freaking out!  This doesn't seem quite legitimate.  They used fear tactics.  I'm willing to pay the debt...I'm not willing to be scammed.  OMG!  Is there anything I can do. I hear they are legit and i hear they aren't.  I pay by check each month.  What do I need to do.  This just doesn't see feel right at all!!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/13/2011 11:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Morgan-Pottinger-psc/london-Kentucky-40744/Morgan-Pottinger-psc-Attorney-filed-civil-suit-for-collection-of-debtfeel-like-Ive-728945. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Morgan & Pottinger psc

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

research .....research.....research

AUTHOR: Nathan - (U.S.A.)

I am not an attorney.  I can only tell you what I know and expierenced.  You need to answer the complaint. and serve the court with an answer and the plaintiff.  I would suggest going to debtorboards.  they are a com.

there you can get advise free.  You have one ace card.  Demand a jury trial.  Pay the fee.
file a motion before the court. check on the internet and find a sample motion state the specific state law that affords you the right to trial by jury.  Provide the court with a copy of the receipt.
certify mail the motion to the plaintiff.  After you pay it and file the motion with the court first.
then hit them with the ace card.

deny everything demand strict proof thereof.

Somewhere I have a copy of an answer.  I will try to find it within twenty four hours and post it
Keep us posted.

I wish you the best.  Now I want you to know that I am not some crazy person and get my jollies
out of messing with people that have problems.  At my age I need to help others because I am a christian.  Someday I will leave this world and I want to do what I can to help others.

Collections

AUTHOR: Joseph Brown - (USA)

I urge you to contact Bud Hibbs.com. He may be able to help you in some way.

RE:

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

No law firm or collection agency has direct legal power over you. They do not issue their own liens. They'd have to serve you a summons and take you to court to win a judgement first.

They'll just take your money and sue you anyway.

devoted