Complaint Review: Morgan Properties

• Updated: Sat, July 02, 2011

• Reported By: Scolex — Baltimore Maryland USA
Morgan Properties
160 Clubhouse Rd King of Prussia, Pennsylvania United States of America

Morgan Properties (Double gouging credit card fee) King of Prussia, Pennsylvania

In May 2011 I had to pay my rent by credit card on the Morgan Properties online payment web page. The amount was $1200.

I tried to pay the full amount but an error message popped up, "sorry, the limit for credit card payments is $1100".

So I had to pay twice. I paid $1100 and then an additional $100.

So far so good. But here is the ripoff. They charged a fee of $22 for the privilege of paying by credit card. So by making me pay twice they collected two lots of those fees.

A single fee of $22 would have been just about bearable. I know VISA, Mastercard and so on do charge a few percent for their services. So OK. But to set an arbitrary "limit" - not imposed, so far as I can tell, by the credit card companies, and then gouge twice, has crossed the line.

To make matters worse, my attempts to get this sorted out have been turned away with casual brutality. I asked the low level supervisor about it and was referred to the building manager. I asked the building manager about it and (after prompting, one month later) she said she was not planning to do anything about it. I called Morgan Properties and was assured someone would call me back - but no-one did. Marvellous.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/02/2011 10:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Morgan-Properties/King-of-Prussia-Pennsylvania-19406/Morgan-Properties-Double-gouging-credit-card-fee-King-of-Prussia-Pennsylvania-748549. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Morgan Properties