Complaint Review: Morgan Rv Resorts

• Updated: Tue, September 04, 2012

• Reported By: Tamara — New York New York United States of America
Morgan Rv Resorts
385 Gurn Springs Road Gansvoort, New York United States of America

Morgan Rv Resorts Coldbrook Campgrounds After Camping there for 30+ years the new owners destroyed my camper and thier staff stole my property Gansvoort, New York

First let me start off by saying that my husband and his family have been seasonal campers at coldbrook for over 30 years. We have two campers that are adjacent to one another in the same sites for the past 20 years. Now let preface the fact that since we have been camping there for soo years we have alot of friends and neighbors that we know.
It all started when coldbrook hired this new manager named Mike in 2011.  Now as all seasonals know we pay our deposit early on so that we get a discounted rate. When it was time to make the payment my husband and I were out of town so we called and spoke to a young lady at the campground and said that we would be making the payments in the next week or so and she said that Not to worry because since we had been camping there for soo many years it was ok.
The following week I was informed not by the park but by a friend that my 45ft RV was removed. My 50ft deck that was grandfathered into park, my custom made glass screen house, my television,my bluestone pavers aprrox 100 some furniture we all missing. So I asked myself how could all these items just go missing??
Strange right. So I called corporate office and after many phone calls and endless messages I was finally contacted my a manager who informed me that my deck was rotted out and my screen house was broken so they threw it away.  OK so when speaking to the manager I said ok well put trailor back to site and then we can make arrangements for property. She basically said oh no sorry someone else has the site.
REALLY??? All this within a matter of week.  Now I know for a fact that my deck was not warped nor was my screenhouse broke.  Being that the corporate office would not help I did my own investigations.
Sooooo Drumroll Please!! I found my screen house along with the deck, pavers etc not only At coldbrook but attached to ONE OF THIER employees RV (security guard) I was also informed by my neighbors and friends that not only did Coldbrooks staff steel my property but they informed my neighbors not to go to my site because everything was spoken for.
I have brought this to managements attention and so far all I have gotton was that he said his brother built that custom screenhouse that just so happens to be identical to mine... FUNNY  I will be going up there this week with my photos and proof and lets see what the campground has to say.
All I can say now is that this camp and thier security guard are about to face some serious charges.
Oh and did I mention that in the process of moving my RV they broke all the lines.
This is a disgrace that this campground has no remorse nor were even willing to work with us.
Well lets see what happens when I get up there this week.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/04/2012 08:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Morgan-Rv-Resorts/Gansvoort-New-York-/Morgan-Rv-Resorts-Coldbrook-Campgrounds-After-Camping-there-for-30-years-the-new-owners-d-936875. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Morgan Rv Resorts