Complaint Review: Morgan Stanley Smith Barney

• Submitted: Thu, June 18, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, June 18, 2009

• Reported By:grabill Indiana
Morgan Stanley Smith Barney
smithbarney.com Nationwide, Kentucky U.S.A.

Morgan Stanley Smith Barney ,Smith Barney refuses to allow me to see the terms and conditions, saying "you dont need to see them" Nationwide Kentucky

Smith barney holds shares of stock for an employee stock purchase plan for an ex-employer. They refuse transfer my shares to my broker when my broker requests them. An individual named "Sam" at the call center refuses to allow me to talk to his manager.

I am told I am bound by the plan documents that I agreed to, however I did not sign anything or receive any literature about the stock purchase plan. All I did was check a little box stating I wanted to join the stock purchase plan for $96.00 per week.

What I find astounding is that when I talk to smith barney and tell them I want to see "plan documents, terms and conditions, policies and procedures, or rules and regulations" they flat out refuse saying that they don't have to let me see them and they are not required to give them to me.

Brenpierce25
grabill, Indiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/18/2009 08:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Morgan-Stanley-Smith-Barney/Nationwide-Kentucky/Morgan-Stanley-Smith-Barney-Smith-Barney-refuses-to-allow-me-to-see-the-terms-and-conditi-462543. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Morgan Stanley Smith Barney