- Report: #316897
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Morton VanLines
Morton VanLines1257 Siskiyou Blvd. #200 Ashland, Oregon U.S.A.
Morton Van Lines Disappeared and Has Held my Household Goods for 4 Months in Oregon Ashland Oregon
*Consumer Suggestion: This sounds eerily familiar...
Morton's also pulled the "overweight" scam and made over $2000.00 in unapproved charges on my credit card. My credit card company has reversed all charges for me so luckily I am no longer out that money.
I did some detective work and found out that they were using Elliott Mini-Storage at 315 N. Elliott Road, Newberg, Oregon 97132, phone 503-538-9696. The manger there is Betty and she told me today that I am one of hundreds that are victims of Morton Van Lines. She has 5 storage units locked and filled Morton's customer's goods and says she can't legally release them to me until she files legal paperwork with Mortons. Morton's owes her money and storage units typically will sell off stored goods if they don't receive payment but Betty promises me she will not do this. Betty informed me that the Yamhill Police department is on the case. The phone number for the police department is 503-434-7456. According to Betty at Elliott Mini-Storage, the new address for Morton's who skipped town is now 1257 Siskiyou Blvd., #200, Ashland, Oregon 97520. She states that the owner of Mortons is a fellow named Aaron Griffin. Her letters to the new Ashland Address have gone unanwsered. Surprised by that?
I would encourage everyone who has been a victim of Morton's to:
1. Call the Yamhill police dept. immediately and report the crime. 503-434-7456 if it was in Oregon or call the local police dept. where your crime occurred.
2. Call and write Morton's at the new Ashland address . 1257 Siskiyou Blvd .#200, Ashland, OR 97520.
3. Call Elliott Mini-Storage if you used the Oregon Mortons, your things might be there. 503-538-9696.
4. Go to www.protectyourmove.gov or call 1-888-368-7238 and file a report with the US Dept. of Transportation Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration. Use Morton's DOT # 1635775 to report them. You will get a letter telling you they have no power to do anything about it but do tell you how to file loss & damage claims and seek redress is civil court.
5. Call your homeowner's insurance company and enlist them to help you in the fight. They will want to help as they don't want to have to pay out a large claim. Your goods should be covered by your homeowners policy.
Whistler, British Columbia
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/11/2008 12:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Morton-VanLines/Ashland-Oregon-97520/Morton-Van-Lines-Disappeared-and-Has-Held-my-Household-Goods-for-4-Months-in-Oregon-Ashlan-316897. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.