Complaint Review: Mosquito Magnet / Woodstream Corp.

• Submitted: Wed, May 20, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, May 20, 2009

• Reported By:South Hamilton Massachusetts
Mosquito Magnet / Woodstream Corp.
Lititz, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

Mosquito Magnet / Woodstream Corp. Total rip-off and impossible customer service Lititz Pennsylvania

I have owned four of these over the last five years and only one is working. The original stopped working and after several calls to customer service. I just gave up as they had released a new and far improved model. That one stopped working severla years ago and I have never been able to get it going. Customer service has advised "shaking side to side" and "duct tape over the vents to control air flow". Brilliant.

I bought a corded one two years ago and that has continued to work. On that good luck, I bought a Liberty Plus last summer to cover another part of the yard. It stopped working by the end of the summer. I dreaded calling them again but just did. I was informed that without the actual recepit from the store, there is no warranty - and I cannot find my receipt from the Home Depot. So I am stuck.

It is unbelieveable that they sell these things for the amount of money they do and have such TERRIBLE customer service and no real system for repairs. Especially for an item thats seems to be as quirky and sensitive as these. Shame on me for being such an idiot and going back to them but I really want to be able to enjoy my yard.

Telliedog
South Hamilton, Massachusetts

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/20/2009 11:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mosquito-Magnet-Woodstream-Corp/Lititz-Pennsylvania-17543/Mosquito-Magnet-Woodstream-Corp-Total-rip-off-and-impossible-customer-service-Lititz-Pe-453700. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mosquito Magnet / Woodstream Corp.