Mississippi

Complaint Review: Mosquito Magnet Woodstream Corp.

• Submitted: Mon, June 23, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, June 23, 2008

• Reported By:brownfield Maine
Mosquito Magnet Woodstream Corp.
Headquarters: 69N. Locust Street Lititz, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

Mosquito Magnet Woodstream Corp. mosquito magnet rip-off - poor support and repair rip-off scam Lititz Pennsylvania

expensive to purchase and operate. Unacceptable company support and repair network rip-off scam.

I own two 1/2 acre "defender" models. these cost up to $300/each. I carefully followed ALL operation and maintainence procedures and that gets expensive: all told, (not including electricity) about $2.00 per day to operate.

I had two units running and the warrentee had just expired.

We had a power outage and the units obviously shut down due to lack of power.

When power was restored the units would not function and gave an "error" message.

After trying ALL trouble shooting procedures I contacted the company. The company told me I needed to get the units serviced at an aproved facility.

I contected three seperate facilities and received the same story: " At least a Three Week Wait and at least $100.00 minimum per unit PLUS parts"

This was unacceptable in the peak of mosquito season!
When I asked if parts were available I was told that a repair facility would "loose their company support" if they sold me parts or told me how to fix the units!
Having nothing to loose, I took a small cover off the units (one screw), freed a small part that was stuck by poking with a screwdriver, and this fixed both units, FOR FREE, using NO PARTS, in about a total of 5 minutes!!!

I called and emailed the company with this news and told them I was considering writing this report - they did not even care.

I received a call back from a repair facility and told them about how I fixed the units and they admitted the scam and were sorry they could not help me "but that their hands were tied".

Tsubutai
brownfield, Maine

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/23/2008 08:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mosquito-Magnet-Woodstream-Corp/Lititz-Pennsylvania/Mosquito-Magnet-Woodstream-Corp-mosquito-magnet-rip-off-poor-support-and-repair-rip-off-343084. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mosquito Magnet Woodstream Corp.