tool

• Updated: Wed, January 29, 2014

• Reported By: Jack Johnson — Moreno Valley California
Moss Brothers Jeep
27810 Eucalyptus Ave, Moreno Valley, CA 92555 , Select State/Province USA

Moss Brothers Jeep Moss Bros. Jeep in Moreno Valley, Moss Brothers Jeep in Moreno Valley Breach of Verbal Agreement Moreno Valley California

I go into this facility inquiring on prices of used jeep.  I was looking to trade one in that I bought for my mother.  I found one in my budget.  Brought an older jeep to trade in.  Explained that I didn't have a lot of money, didn't want a carnote out of my budget, and that my only down payment was my mom's 2000 jeep cherokee.  The snake oil salesman wouldn't accept the jeep with no cash down.  I told him that was the only way I could do it.  We agreed on $500.00 down after 30 days.  They write up the paperwork and make no mention whatsoever of this agreement.  They send someone to pick up my trade in and a post dated check.  When he get's there he refused the post dated check and guaranteed that they won't cash it.  "They do this all the time" he stated.

Two days later, Moss Brothers deposits the check.  It didn't clear.  I didn't have the money as I stated in the beginning.  I called them 5 times about this with no response whatsoever.  They sent the check through again.  It cleared the second time.  They refused to give me my money back and honor the verbal agreement.  The finance department representative informed me that the general manager told him they couldn't do it because I signed the contract.  True.  And this is my fault for trusting a used car salesman in the first place.

Never trust anything you hear from anyone in this facility.  They know that they didn't keep their word.  Since I signed the contract without going through it with a fine tooth comb with an attorney present they didn't have to.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/29/2014 10:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Moss-Brothers-Jeep/Select-StateProvince/Moss-Brothers-Jeep-Moss-Bros-Jeep-in-Moreno-Valley-Moss-Brothers-Jeep-in-Moreno-Valley-1119471. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Moss Brothers Jeep