Complaint Review: Motel 6-Biloxi, Mississippi-Accor Hotels

• Submitted: Thu, June 25, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, January 14, 2013

• Reported By:Baton Rouge Louisiana
Motel 6-Biloxi, Mississippi-Accor Hotels
2476 Beach Boulevard Biloxi, Mississippi U.S.A.
  • Phone: 228-388-2601
  • Web:
  • Category: Motels

Motel 6-Biloxi, Mississippi-Accor Hotels WRONGFULLY PLACED ON DO NOT RENT LIST--UNFAIR TREATMENT- Biloxi Mississippi

*General Comment: He has a right to know

*Consumer Comment: Move on

*Consumer Suggestion: Much Ado About Nothing

*Consumer Comment: So lets see if I have this right...

*Consumer Comment: Why did you rebook??

*Consumer Comment: Oh God No!

My family and I lodged at this location from May 23, 2009 to May 26, 2009 at a cost of $257.57. Tracey took our reservation for 2 adults, 1 child (7 years old), and possibly a pet, which we decided not to bring. Upon arriving to our room we discovered that the air conditioning wasn't cooling, 2 light bulbs were blown out in the lamp near the TV, and the kitchen area, and trash was under the bed. Other inconveniences were that we had to fold our own towels when getting them from Stella one evening, and we also expressed concern about not having anywhere to park because of people on the beach at a beach party using the hotel parking lot. My husband spoke with Richard Huck in regards to the parking and was told that the issue was beyond his control. I went down to talk to Richard about the inconvenience of parking and to get the corporate office contact information and he refused to give me the address or telephone number. He proceeded to give me the physical address to the hotel and said he would be sure the corporate office received the information. Yeah Right!

On June 11, 2009 at approximately 3:50 pm I called to check availability for June 19, 2009 to June 21, 2009. Upon taking my name she said that my name was on a DO NOT RENT (DNR) list. I asked her why and her response was I don't know, I'm fairly new and the system will not allow me access to see that. I requested to speak with a manager and was placed on hold. Upon returning she stated I called Richard on his cell phone and he told me that this happens when a hotel/company policy is violated. I called Richard at 4:33pm to address the issue of being put on the DNR list. When asked why we were on the DNR list he recited a list of violations that could stand for grounds of being put on this type of list. I told him that we broke none of the rules/guidelines he stated as well as anything else. I asked him who put our names on the list and his response was well it could have been anyone, it could have been our head housekeeper, it could have been anyone. I then replied, so you're telling me that you didn't put our names on this list, and his response was, I didn't say that. I asked him to give me the reason why he was refusing to accommodate us and his response was Well, I have the right to refuse service to anyone, and that includes anyone who broke any of the company rules/guidelines I just listed and several more. Again, I told him that we broke no rules during our stay and I wanted a specific reason as to why we were being denied the right to rent a room at that location. I told Richard that that I would be forwarding this information to the corporate office of Motel 6 as well other consumer related agencies in Louisiana and Mississippi. He expressed no concern. I asked for the General Managers name for the region that this location falls in and was told, I am not going to talk to you anymore, you go ahead and find your little information out on your own. I asked him if he realized that his actions were somewhat discriminatory in a sense and he said well, like I said I can refuse service to anyone I choose. I told him that was fine and requested the information to the corporate office, which he refused to give me, again. My husband tried calling Richard and Stella told him that Richard was not taking any calls. Richard was a total opposite person during this phone conversation than when we stayed at the hotel. I would like to believe that this is some sort of misunderstanding, but Richards's attitude and actions definitely prove otherwise.
I was told to forward my concerns to the Mississippi Attorney Generals Office who in trun did nothing!

Tbb
Baton Rouge, Louisiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/25/2009 06:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Motel-6-Biloxi-Mississippi-Accor-Hotels/Biloxi-Mississippi-39531/Motel-6-Biloxi-Mississippi-Accor-Hotels-WRONGFULLY-PLACED-ON-DO-NOT-RENT-LIST-UNFAIR-TRE-464813. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Motel 6-Biloxi, Mississippi-Accor Hotels

#1 General Comment

He has a right to know

AUTHOR: mrtravel - (United States of America)

If a hotel/motel has refused to rent him a room, there is an explanation.
If the explanation stated is untrue, then it is subject to a slander and/or libel lawsuit, depending on whether there is a written or computer record of it.
I am facing a similar issue from a stay at a corporate owned Motel 6 in Sunnyvale, California
I was denied the ability to rent a room last night, despite having a confirmed reservation guaranteed by credit card.   I will point out that I contacted Guest Relations after the last stay to complain about being dropped from the internet often, and also about the washing machine in the laundry room draining to the floor. Management has not called me back all day, despite promises from the general manager.

I called Guest Relations and was told the system listed the reason for being blocked by this location was "aggravated misconduct".   I have never had an issue with management. I have never had management complain to me about anything before.  I have stayed at this location multiple times.
Now, personally, I don't care to stay there again, due to this.  However, they now have me in the corporate system as someone who has had "aggravated misconduct"... That seems to be a pretty libelous characterization.

So, yes, if people are lying about you, you should get to the bottom of it.

Move on

AUTHOR: Ashley - (U.S.A.)

""I wanted a specific reason as to why we were being denied the right to rent a room at that location. ""

you don't have a right to rent a hotel room.

The hotel does not want your business, they don't have to give you a reason.

Suck it up and move on.

#3 Consumer Suggestion

Much Ado About Nothing

AUTHOR: Karl - (U.S.A.)

Motel 6s are not Waldorf Astorias. You discovered deficiencies in your room which had I found I would have left immediately. Actually I would have never booked a room at a Motel 6. I've stayed at virtually thousands of motels and have never stayed at a Motel 6. You then attempted to book a room in June. I assume that the motel is near a beach so in June they probably have no problem getting rack rate. You paid about $80 a night which is ridiculous for a Motel 6.

You know why you were put on the black list. You complained. Finding out the name of the motel owner isn't difficult on a computer but so what? Why don't you stay at a Hampton Inn or Fairfield next time where you get treated like a human being? It is unique, though -being banned from a Motel 6. I doubt that I would lose any sleep over it.

So lets see if I have this right...

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

In May you stayed there for a few nights and had the following issues.
- No A/C
- Light bulbs burnt out
- Trash under the Beds
- Bad Parking
- Had to fold your own towels

Yet after complaining and wanting to talk to Corporate you not only wanted to go back to the same place but are upset that you are not allowed to stay there. WHY?

I also wonder why since you obviously have Internet access you decided to call the Motel directly instead of booking on line.

Oh..and the reason why the Attorney General did nothing is because there is nothing discrimatory about it.

Why did you rebook??

AUTHOR: Paul - (U.S.A.)

After all the trouble you had in May, why did you rebook the same hotel for June???

There are enough hotels on the Gulf Coast, that will want your business, and not treat you this badly.

Document all this and go online to complain, that will leave a paper trail, calls get ignored and do nothing but waste your time.

Paul

Oh God No!

AUTHOR: Cory - (U.S.A.)

You had to fold your own towels. How horrible for you. They should have compted the whole stay.