Complaint Review: Motel 6

• Updated: Sat, June 09, 2012

• Reported By: G. — Costa Mesa California United States of America
Motel 6
1441 Gisler Ave Costa Mesa ca Internet United States of America

Motel 6 Dangerous and Unsafe for Guests to Stay- Motel 6 Employees give your room key to anyone that gives them a room number, Internet

Security and safety risks dont stay there until you read my recent experience. I am a single woman traveling and stayed at the Motel 6 on Gisler Ave in Costa Mesa CA for a few days. Upon checking in i made it clear to the desk clerk i was traveling alone and did not want anyone to have a key or access to my room.   A couple of days later a mere acquaintence of 3 days called me to find out if i was at my in my hotel room.

When i advised him i was not at the hotel he immediately  went to the hotel front desk clerk and gave them my name and room number and was given a key to my room. Very frightening this was so easy to access another persons room.  When this acquaintence entered my room he called me i immediately called the hotel front desk clerk that violated my security and privacy by so wrecklessly giving my key to a stranger and i come to find out a convicted felon.

The desk clerk assured me that the intruder would be removed , however i was lied to and the hotel merely deactivated his key so once he left he could not return. They said he would physically be removed immediately which was another lie for i had to repeatiously call the hotel for 1 hour and yell at the hotel to immediately physically remove him. it was shortly after the one hour period  that he was removed  within that hour i was robbed of my valuables and my 14 year olds electronics.

I would never return to such a poorly run property and put my safety at risk. To make matters worse the Motel 6 home office Accor is trying every way to not replace my stolen property as a direct result of the reckless actions of the desk clerk who gave my key out to a person i knew for 72 hours. I wonder how many other motel 6 hotels are run in the same wreckless way.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/09/2012 12:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Motel-6/internet/Motel-6-Dangerous-and-Unsafe-for-Guests-to-Stay-Motel-6-Employees-give-your-room-key-to-895025. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Motel 6