Complaint Review: Motime.com

• Submitted: Thu, February 16, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, February 16, 2012

• Reported By: George — Morristown New Jersey U.S.A.
Motime.com
11 W. 42nd St. New York, New York United States of America

Motime.com Dada Entertainment LLC, Dada.net SpA Ringtone Ripoff Mew York New York

The Motime ripoff has a clever twist.  I Googled "free ringtones" and found a website called "zedge.com".  I picked a tone and was then redirected to Motime.  I signed up, thinking the single tone I picked was free, as advertised.

I then got a text message that was ambiguous but suggested there might be a charge.  I called immediately to cancel.  They would not refund my money, but claimed customer service would contact me shortly about mailing me a refund.  (Fat chance.)

They did text me that the subscription was cancelled, so I should only have one $9.99 charge.  I now have to wait to see if that is true.

(They did not even send the tone I picked, but something else.)

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/16/2012 06:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Motimecom/New-York-New-York-10036/Motimecom-Dada-Entertainment-LLC-Dadanet-SpA-Ringtone-Ripoff-Mew-York-New-York-840045. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Motime.com