Complaint Review: Motor Home Specialists

• Updated: Fri, December 21, 2012

• Reported By: Armyman (Jeremy) — Killeen Texas United States of America
Motor Home Specialists
5411 South I-35 West Alvarado, Texas United States of America

Motor Home Specialists Salesman, Robert, lied to me and sold a tent trailer after telling me it was being held for me. Alvarado, Texas

*Consumer Comment: Money is king in the sales biz.

*Consumer Comment: Almost all dealers will sell an item to ANYONE if the price is right..

We had been searching for a specific type of tent trailer for some time. A Fleetwood, Niagara 2007+.

I found one which Motorhome Specialists had for sale. They had taken it in on trade. I will say that the price was incredible and that was the main reason I chose to pursue the transaction with them.

I am an active duty Soldier and we needed something in a certain price range and this was definately in that range.

I called as I am stationed in Ft Hood, Tx and spoke with Robert who told me about the trailer. He said it was still for sale and I inquired about the condition and other small questions to which he answered. He stated it had minor issues which they were going to take care of.

I told him I was in the military and asked if we could schedule an appt with him as I was interested in buying it sight unseen. I offered to put a deposit down and I would pick it up on Sat.

This phone call took place on Wed, the day before Thanksgiving. He said that they would be closed on Thanksgiving day and he would call me first thing on Friday to work out the details with a deposit if needed. He had already spoke to a manager and they agreed to hold it for me until Sat. am.

I did NOT receive a call from Robert Friday morning, so I called about 11am and he was not available. I was calling to confirm a time for Sat prior to driving 3 hours away.

Robert called me later and left a VM saying he was sorry that they had sold the trailer to someone else.

As I started reading reviews on this business, it seems to be a common issue that they are more concerned about making a buck and lying to people than they are with making their customers happy.

I guess these ANTI-Military friendly business deserves what they get, and I will do everything I can to make sure that NO ONE from Fort Hood buys from them. I have already posted in our travel office and am trying to get them on Fort Hood's ban list.

Please go find a business who will treat YOU right, not LIE to you and RESPECT and support our military servicemembers.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/20/2012 04:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Motor-Home-Specialists/Alvarado-Texas-76009/Motor-Home-Specialists-Salesman-Robert-lied-to-me-and-sold-a-tent-trailer-after-telling-985160. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Motor Home Specialists

Money is king in the sales biz.

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (USA)

Doesn't matter if it's car sales or RV sales, same rules apply.   If someone with cash in hand walks in to buy and you haven't paid anything towards the deal, you lose.   You had no financial interest in that particular RV, so it was sold to someone who was ready to buy.

It's a common tactic in vehicle sales.  They'll always tell you that they'll "hold it for you" even without a deposit.   If it's still there when you eventually arrive, who's the wiser?  But, when  faced with a guaranteed sale vs. the possibility that you might come in later and possibly buy the RV, any business will take the guaranteed sale.     This applies to everybody.   Your constant implications that this has something to do with your military service does not help your case.

"  He stated it had minor issues which they were going to take care of.   "

Never heard that one before :-))  Buying vehicles sight unseen and  taking the word of a salesman is not a smart way to do things.   You may have actually dodged a bullet with this deal.

Almost all dealers will sell an item to ANYONE if the price is right..

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

What reviews did you read on this business? Please post links.

While it would have been courteous to advise you it sold...it ISN'T required.

" I told him I was in the military..."

" I guess these ANTI -Military  friendly business deserves what they get,.."

" Please go find a business who will treat YOU right, not LIE to you and RESPECT and support our military servicemembers".

"..it seems to be a common issue that they are more concerned about making a buck and lying to people.."

What proof do you have that they only do this to military service members?

Incidentally, most businesses are in operation to "make a buck," that's how they stay in business.

I'm a veteran and didn't expect special treatment from anyone and still don't.