Complaint Review: Motor Max

• Submitted: Mon, July 02, 2001
  • Updated: Fri, July 20, 2001

• Reported By:LaGrange GA
Motor Max
1005 Hogansville Rd LaGrange, Georgia U.S.A.

MotorMax Sells 'Lemons' ..at my wits end as I am disabled and just can't 'fight the fight'

MotorMax is a Pre-Owned auto dealership selling autos to people who have less than perfect credit and offers in-house financing.

On Jan.26th,2001 my son and I purchased 2 vehicles at the same time from them. A 1997 Dodge King Cab P/U Truck and a 1997 Mercury Grand Marquis. Both vehicles appeared to be in good working order, however, once purchased and placed into a day-today use the problem, which are many began to arise. At first MotorMax was cooperative in getting the repairs done, however, we discovered that the repairs were nothing more than 'patch-up' work to get the vehicles going again. Just long enough for their 90 day warranty to expire.

So far the P/U truck has allegedly had the transmission rebuilt 2X, the a/c repaired, power-steering problems,and the list goes on.

The Mercury Marquis has defective O2 sensors and maybe even a transmission problem and Motor Max now refuses to do anything as far as repairs to either vehicle.

I am at my wits end as I am disabled and just can't 'fight the fight' that I could when my health was good. Both of these vehicles have payments of $300 month and it's hard to try to amke these when you're scared to leave the house with either vehicle for fear it might not make it to where you're headed.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/02/2001 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Motor-Max/LaGrange-Georgia-30241/MotorMax-Sells-Lemons-at-my-wits-end-as-I-am-disabled-and-just-cant-fight-the-fight-5602. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Motor Max